PDA

View Full Version : Motor Oil

FASTDAD-77
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Here's a stupid question that everyone has a different answer for but I'll ask ya'll anyhow. What's the best motor oil to run in these TRX 90's. Stock and modified motors.

dion
04-10-2007, 10:04 PM
BELL RAY thumper

ROBBSRACING
04-11-2007, 07:04 AM
I run nothing but AMSOIL 10-40 Motorcycle oil in all of ours. I have had very good luck with there products. I will share a quik story with you that helped make me a believer in Amsoil . Last season at one of the races Robbie hit a rock on the bottom of the engine ripping the drain plug rite out. Not knowing what had happened he finished the moto with no oil it. Between motos I noticed a bunch of oil all over the swingarm so I looked it over and found out what had happened. I put a new drain plug in it, filled it back up with oil and sent him back out for the next moto wondering if it would make it. He won. When I got it back to the shop I dissassembled the engine to inspect it, to my surprise it was perfect. I could not see any abnormal wear. You hear this kind of stuff but tend to doubt its true untill it happens to you.
I run AMSOIL in everything I own now.

mcatvme
04-11-2007, 03:03 PM
We run Motul in our honda.