PDA

View Full Version : Axis vs Fox

450rdominator
04-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey, i was wondering...if i bought houser silcast long travel a arm for a 06 450r would custom axis longtravel or fox float evol long travel be best for dunes??? Axis you can get for 1395 and fox you can get for 1295!!! So I mostly ride at glamis and pismo what are the best shocks out of those two???

allstock
04-10-2007, 07:57 PM
if your riding dunes axis would probably be the better of the two because fox's supposedly fade when they get hot

honda4life72
04-11-2007, 09:41 AM
but fox weights half as much as the axis

RATHRACING450R
04-11-2007, 01:24 PM
AXIS hands down are some of the best shocks made, personally i would go with pep but axis would be my next choice, then motowoz, then fox, then elka, etc.

but if you're bouncing between fox and axis, do yourself a favor and get axis you will not regret it

czrider263
04-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by allstock
if your riding dunes axis would probably be the better of the two because fox's supposedly fade when they get hot

All shocks fade when they get hot. Coil overs because the oil gets hot and compresses faster. that is the same for the fox's becuase they have oil in them to. If you go by the fact that the air gets hot then your i think wrong. Because if the air got hotter the psi within them goes up making it stiffer.

esr250r86
04-11-2007, 02:17 PM
I never had neither But I would guess the fox shocks would be good because of the fact that you can air the shock up to how you want it to be set-up.

fmfhonda250r
04-11-2007, 04:17 PM
I Have both one bike with axis and another with fox and they both work great. As far as fading goes they both fade just as fast as each other. I'm not sure wich i like better yet due to i don't have lots of time on the fox. The bike with the fox shocks has lonestar arms and the bike with axis has arsfx.

450rdominator
04-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Along with the axis long travels what would be the best price and best product combination of a arms!!!!

ex kid
04-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I have ridden the Laeger long travel and Custom Axis setup. it works very well. it's plush and the tracks well. I really liked the way the quad turned. no push at all.

Ex_Rider43
04-14-2007, 01:50 AM
I have not experienced any kind of fading with my Fox shox , the evols are working great , you really need to get used to the pumps , the air chambers and all that stuff but when you know how it works they are awesome.

The rear shock from fox was very surprising. I was not expecting the rear end to work like I wanted but I am more than pleased with it , i was able to get the rear end working like I wanted to and you can realy feel the clicks when you dial them in... some people dont like the podium X shock and I have no idea why , I am using Walsh components too.

The ride in front was similar to a Pep/walsh front end and the rear was one of the best I ever tried.

never rode a set of axis tho.

GIXXER1KR
04-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I run the Motowoz and 210% happy.They are not as popular as the Axis and Peps yet but i will garauntee within the next 2 years noone will even touch them!!!!Hers a little info on the vsv valving and 1 of a kind design!!!
http://www.motowoz.com/Technology_101.html

450xcboy
04-16-2007, 04:57 PM
no doubt about it, Axis is the best out there, I've had elka's and foxs. now im on axis. elkas are to stiff and all the pros that do run them, have ohlins or axis inners. the foxs fade after awhile and also my friend has a pair and they leak. so......prolly the best bang for your buck would be the axis.