PDA

View Full Version : Track and Field

trxwannbe
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
i'm a hardcore track and field participant we've only had two meets and i'm already qualified for my conference and state meets in javelin and shot put but i'm having trouble with my form in both and was wondering if any body here does either and could help me out...i tend to drop my elbow alot when i throw javelin and its gotta be costing me because it just doesn't feel right and i'm having trouble with the spin in shot i can't get the first step to be light enough i'm putting to much weight on that foot and was wondering if anybody had any tips on how to just keep it to a small hop almost as if that ankle were sprained and i couldn't put my weight on it

Tommy 17
04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
i threw jav in h.s for 2 years until i decided to ride more but i was pretty good at it.. form is everything when ur throwing jav... yeah def don't bend ur elbow and make sure u keep ur plant leg stiff... if ur throwing right ur back should hurt and feel almost like its goin to explode...

my coach was an olympic quality thrower... i was throwin 150s and 160s as a freshman and sophmore in h.s....

elchankoblanko
04-10-2007, 07:33 PM
I was going to throw this year but I injured my rotator cuff snowboarding. I always tried to raise the jav as high as possible before i threw it and also picked out a spot in the sky and kept my eyes on that "target" those things really helped me out