View Full Version : powdercoating

CranMan
10-25-2001, 09:39 AM
About how much does it cost to get a frame, swingarm, a-arms etc powdercoated? On a 400ex that is. Thanks

"BLAHH"300!!
10-25-2001, 09:52 AM
BETWEEN POWDERCOATING AND JUST REGULAR PAINTING
I KNOW SPRAY PAINT WILL LOOK LIKE POOH AND WEAR OFF
BUT..

10-25-2001, 10:01 AM
Go out to eastcoast ATV's webpage they have a price list of powdercoating parts,,,that might give ya an idea..

400exRacerX
10-25-2001, 11:28 AM
I am tearing apart my 400 this winter and powdercoating the frame red. me and a couple of my racing buddies are bringing them to a nearby shop to get them done and get a deal worked out since its gonna be 4 frames. and east coast atv has some great prices on powdercoating, i just wouldnt trust shipping my frame and other parts there, those ups guys are vicious, heres the link anyway www.eastcoastatv.com

TRFOXX
10-25-2001, 07:24 PM
I should be getting my 400ex back any day now. I had Honda pay for mine I think it was around $450.00 for frame a arms and oil tank got it powdercoated charcol metallic. Cant wait to see it. My 400 wasent even 6 months old and the paint started flaking off my frame a arms and oil tank. Honda made me find a place that dose powdercoating I picked a good Harley shop, Honda of Troy stripped it down and took it to the shop. It pays to complain!
Honda rep said that there must have been something wrong with the paint because he agreed to get it repowdercoated.

TRFOXX
10-25-2001, 07:29 PM
Just found out Honda payed $350.00 to have it done not $450.00
Im glad i didnt have to pay for it plus it dosent look like a stock paint job anymore!:D

10-26-2001, 09:03 PM
dude if i were you i'd go to your local body shop and see what they'd charge to paint it with an actual paint gun...we did mine at my dad body shop and well it look pretty good i've gotten many compliments.....if you decide to do this tell them to use imron (emron) paint on it ...just as strong as powdercaot..we did alot of micro-sprint frames in this stuff and those guys told uus it was cheaper and just as strong as powdercoat.....plus you can get about any color yu'd like

hope this helps.....later:confused:

CranMan
10-27-2001, 11:14 AM
good idea..thanks..:D

wheeltrax
10-27-2001, 02:13 PM
I have heard a lot of people saying that the paint flakes off. I have seen them in the show room where they are already peeling and slight rusting. Good thing you complained to Honda on that. Now it looks and will be more durable.

TRFOXX
10-28-2001, 09:07 PM
Yeah they sandblasted it also, not acid dipped. I got it back Sat.
It looks awlsome!!! Very happy with the way it turned out, sooo
much better looking than stock! Charchol Metallic

crday98
10-28-2001, 10:06 PM
can we see some pics?????

Lil90man!!
10-29-2001, 04:28 AM
hey you guys mi friend just got his racks done on his new rancher but instead of gett'n it painted he got it "rhino lined" like the stuff that you put in the bed of a truck, front and back racks costed like 75 bucks and can get it in alot of colors he got green so it matches cuz it is his hunting bike looks awsome!!!!!