PDA

View Full Version : drx 90 jetting water cooled

kenjolly
04-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Help, Can anyone point me in the right direction of what jet to run in this thing. I have herd sofar 98 and 120. Im in florida.Any other tricks that will help, i would like to race it this weekend.

Thanks,

Nichols Atvs
04-10-2007, 11:58 AM
All depends weather effects alot biggest thing to look at, is your plug color . If its runnig good the color will be a tan colored plug and go fom there, black to rich and white to lean .

miniquad
04-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Our water cooled DRX 90 come with a 107 jet we are in Florida and the bike would hardly run put a 100 jet ran better but still spits and sputters finally went with a 95 and bike runs strong no problems guys at East Coast Performance helped me good guys
Try the 95 you will be pleasantly surprized

kenjolly
04-11-2007, 07:37 AM
miniquad, what air filter are you running,i run in the stock class and all i can do is take the dust cover off but it works fine on the drx 50 we run.your not the first to tell me to go down in jetting.doesnt seem right but i will try it.

Thank , FHS racing team

miniquad
04-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Running stock airfilter and oil injection still hooked up bike is 100% stock right out of the crate bike would hardly run with jet it came with

kenjolly
04-11-2007, 09:22 AM
both mine run but not very well on the top end, still breaking them in with the oil they came with,they are just loaded up with oil i think. Tonight i plan to use pre mix and play with the jets when they come in.

thanks,

drr wizard
04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
when jetting keep in mind most quads will be shipped in a rich condition , it is safer ,
So usually jetting down will improve performance unless you have made other mods .

bulldogfallon
04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by miniquad
Running stock airfilter and oil injection still hooked up bike is 100% stock right out of the crate bike would hardly run with jet it came with

Was that with the mud cover on the air filter?

You also have to get past that break in oil to get it to run well...

bulldogfallon
04-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by miniquad
Our water cooled DRX 90 come with a 107 jet we are in Florida and the bike would hardly run put a 100 jet ran better but still spits and sputters finally went with a 95 and bike runs strong no problems guys at East Coast Performance helped me good guys
Try the 95 you will be pleasantly surprized

Did you get the blue one or the black one?

kenjolly
04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
We got oopen them up a little last night and they both are running great out of the box. all we did was take the dust cover off and pre-mixed one of them. these WC are some very fast quads cant wait to get some of the up grades bulldogfallon has told me about.

thanks for the info on the jets they got here today will try them tonight.

ecmini1
04-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Kenjolly who sold you your drr? Reason for asking is they should of had it all set up for you. You shouldnt have to mess with your new machine your self you need to be enjoying the mini instead of fixing it.

bulldogfallon
04-12-2007, 07:21 PM
That would be me :)

I was still building it when they took it off my hands.....

I may have been screwing the floorboards in as they were pushing it into the trailer

ecmini1
04-12-2007, 08:33 PM
They should of gave you some more ample time to get it correct for them.
Kenjolly if your near jax fl I will be glad to help you or give us a call. Miniquad is correct 95-98 main and the rest of the settings stock. The mini will perform well.

We need to get the whole fla DRR nation together and have some fun.

miniquad
04-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Bulldogfallon the drx 90 I have is white if you know what I mean and yes the mud cage is still on the bike

bulldogfallon
04-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Taking that mud cover off should really open the bike up

kenjolly
04-13-2007, 06:16 AM
Its my fault not bulldogs that they werent finish, When they are right in front of you its hard not to get them. with that 95-98 jet what have you found to be the best mixture rate. I run my drx 50 anywhere from 40-1 to 50-1 depending on temp.

Thanks for the help, Thinking about a 70 now .

70cc stockquad class dadecity starts may 5th

bulldogfallon
04-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Ken---The 70s run really well out of the box...so not much tinkering to, but that never stops us? :)

Once I get to run the way I want...I always try for better, then somehow make it slower and then fight to get it back to where it was :)

I think the 70cc class is going to be a big hit ....really a great stepping stone for the kids from the 50cc class

Is Hayden ready for all that track time?

I bet they will be sleeping well on the rides home

By the way...thanks for the hospitality you and Greg showed me last week.

It is families like yours that make all of this effort worth while....

ecmini1
04-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Glad all is comming around for you any time you need help dont hesitate to give us a call I know bulldog is the same way we are here to help out and make sure all is well. Bulldog is a great guy.

Your mixing is correct try to use a full syn. oil we use maxima 927 at a 50:1 ratio and we turn them hard. If you havent ran 3 or more tank fulls yet mix 40:1 min. for breakin. Then let her rip.

kenjolly
04-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Im using the same oil and plan to mix 50-1 next week, you are so right about trying to go faster and ending up going slower.sometimes less is more but it gives us something to complain about and excuse to work on the quads. i woouldnt change that for anything.

If anyone is intrested in the 70 class at dadecity call me so we can get somekind of number of riders.

863-519-2466

thanks again, Ken

kenjolly
04-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Well its coming together, it ran OK with the 107 but ran great with a 100 in it. the 100 is the smallest i have right now and is much better off the line. I hope all this good info from everyone helps the next person. maybe next week i will try the 95 or 98 i just cant help but think i can make it better.

Thanks Ken FHS RACING TEAM