PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara Ok

smokinwrench
04-10-2007, 06:04 AM
April 20th-22nd. Most of us will be getting there late Friday night.

A bunch of us will be there not sure what everyone will be driving yet. I know I will be in a white Nissan Titan and riding 525 Outlaw.

spud400ex
04-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I will be heading down the 18th. I will be in a blue duramax, with a white duramax sticker in the back window.

And riding this:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f45/tatOH/P4040011.jpg

tar
04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I willl be there if the 400 is done transforming into a 416. I will give details later when I find out.

smokinwrench
04-10-2007, 09:28 PM
I'll be riding this. I crash a lot so help me if you see me under it.

ragin450r
04-14-2007, 11:07 AM
We will be done late on the 18th. Bringing 3 TRX450R's. We will be in a Red Dodge w/ Black Cargo trailer. Probably in South camp. Look us up

hondaeatr
04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
I will be there on the 19th with three 250r's and a blaster in a red chevy with a red tonneau. this is my first trip to the dunes, Im so stoked i can't even concentrate on my work.

ragin450r
04-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Come by and we will show you around. We will be in South Camp as I posted earlier

450rJam
04-16-2007, 03:48 PM
smokinwrench, now thats funny.

im laughing with ya man.

svahle
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by hondaeatr
I will be there on the 19th with three 250r's and a blaster in a red chevy with a red tonneau. this is my first trip to the dunes, Im so stoked i can't even concentrate on my work.

I don't know your riding ability so please don't think I am talking down to you. Also, I am no expert in dune riding but I have been a few times and have learned a little.

Please take it easy when you get there. My first trip I wanted to just get out there and rip it up. I'm glad I had friends that were experienced. It looks harmless enough but you can get seriously injured flying off a big dune at too high of a speed. A guy in the camp next to me had never been there before. Ten minutes into his ride he flew off one of the taller dunes, trashed his leg, got an ambulance ride, and totaled a new 450r. There are many worse stories but this is one I have personal knowledge of. Please take it easy until you get it figured out. A trip to the dunes is way too much fun to screw up. Obviously quads can hurt you, but a little caution and self control go a long way.

Sorry to screw up this thread but I just felt inclined and don't want a fellow enthusiast to wind up hurt.

Have fun and be careful - I'll be quiet now.

smokinwrench
04-16-2007, 06:45 PM
A guy that will be with us got life watched to Wichita a couple years ago about 1 hour after they got there. Yes for sure get someone to go with you on your first ride or for dang sure becareful.

I will be drinking lots of beer and having fun in the south camp also so stop by and we can ride. I prefer riding the trails over hanging out on teh big dunes.

Im gonn have to write a note of what everyone is driving and there screen names so I can stop by.

spud400ex
04-16-2007, 11:56 PM
I took a ride in the sandbulance a few years back and it sucked. The worst part was waking up in the hospital not knowing where i was and wondering what my quad looked like. Just be careful.

My group will more than likely be in the cowboy campground. We usually try to get right next to the bathhouse. If you see us stop buy and ask for "Spud"

hondaeatr
04-17-2007, 12:07 PM
has anyone seen the forecast for this weekend at the dunes

spud400ex
04-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Weather is supposed to be in the 70's during the day and 50's at night. 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on saturday. Not enough to keep me from going

hondaeatr
04-17-2007, 03:17 PM
a little storm can't stop me. Besides im locked in to my vacation

tar
04-17-2007, 03:26 PM
I will be there with my 400ex and another yellow 400ex 2 white Z's and probably a Magnum 330. We will be driving an 03' white Duramax pulling a bumper trailer with these quads. There might be a black 01' chevy 1500 with chrome wheels pulling a bumper trailer. Stop and talk if you see us.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/TAR_24/jpg.jpg

smokinwrench
04-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I bolted the paddles on. I'm ready for drags and trails. I hope to spank a few 700 Raptors.

ragin450r
04-18-2007, 04:38 AM
We should be there tonight around 9-10 if someones up for a night ride

spud400ex
04-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ragin450r
We should be there tonight around 9-10 if someones up for a night ride

Ill be getting there around the same time. and hitting the sand once i get the r unloaded. Look for a white enclosed with a big red honda sticker on it.

2StrokeCowpoke
04-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Ill be their the 26th - 29th.. on this.. kinda hard to miss.. my bro will be on a Quadzilla.. and their will prolly be another 250r and maybe a few Z's with us.. If any of you ever see me at sahara then just hit me up.. prolly catch us at the drags..

spud400ex
04-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by smokinwrench
I bolted the paddles on. I'm ready for drags and trails. I hope to spank a few 700 Raptors.

I looked for ya at the drag strip saturday night. I put an ESR intake on the r and got her close to dialed in before i hit the drags. i will have a pic or two up tomorrow.

okieRrider
04-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Tar I was there with smokinwrench this weeknd and saw your quad at the drag strip saturday actually draged with ya a bunch of times but was in the big group at the line...if i would have seen this thread sooner then now i would of stopped by and said hi...I have a yellow 400ex as well

smokinwrench
04-23-2007, 06:06 AM
Yeah I didn't go and find anyone. I even wrote down what everyone was driving. I was at the drag strip a few tiems this weekend. We ended up staying at the cowboy camp. I won't do that again unless it is the last spot available in the place.

Now that I see what you were ridign I rmember okie beign lined up against anotehr yellow 400ex.

Yee-Haw_400EX
04-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah I didn't go and find anyone. I even wrote down what everyone was driving. I was at the drag strip a few tiems this weekend. We ended up staying at the cowboy camp. I won't do that again unless it is the last spot available in the place.

Now that I see what you were ridign I rmember okie beign lined up against anotehr yellow 400ex. The Cowboy Camp is my favorite of the 3. How come you don't like it?

smokinwrench
04-23-2007, 02:48 PM
No trees for shade.

Furthest away from drag strip.

Sand blows in your food because of being so close to to the big dunes on windy days.

The late night beer drinkers seem to be at the south camp. Heck we walked through the cowboy Friday night at 3am and no one was out.

spud400ex
04-23-2007, 03:49 PM
No trees for shade.

Furthest away from drag strip.

Sand blows in your food because of being so close to to the big dunes on windy days.

The late night beer drinkers seem to be at the south camp. Heck we walked through the cowboy Friday night at 3am and no one was out.

Did you see the lifted dodge cummins? That was part of my group. We were camping straight west of the shower house. There was a leager crf hybrid with hipers with us that was huckin it friday. The silencer came off on one jump :eek2: .

How do you like the outlaw?

tar
04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by okieRrider
Tar I was there with smokinwrench this weeknd and saw your quad at the drag strip saturday actually draged with ya a bunch of times but was in the big group at the line...if i would have seen this thread sooner then now i would of stopped by and said hi...I have a yellow 400ex as well

Oh really do you have any pics of your quad?

smokinwrench
04-23-2007, 05:41 PM
The outlaw was great, it handles perfect.

I seen a bunch of dodges.

We were on the very east side.

Yee-Haw_400EX
04-23-2007, 06:34 PM
1.) Furthest away from drag strip.

2.) The late night beer drinkers seem to be at the south camp. Heck we walked through the cowboy Friday night at 3am and no one was out. Two good reasons to camp at the Cowboy Camp.

eerhard09
04-24-2007, 12:53 PM
smokinwrench, so the 525 did a pretty good job at the dunes? How did the Dunetrakkers work for you? I have a front set as well, just didn' know how well the Outlaw would turn with them.... Let me know what your entire opinion was of the Outlaw!

okieRrider
04-24-2007, 05:32 PM
I don't have a pic of my quad on this puter but yours sticks out because of the asv sticker on the side and the curtis sparks exhaust. You were lined up on the far east side of the drag strip I believe or the closest side to the entrance in the south camp ground.

smokinwrench
04-25-2007, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by eerhard09
smokinwrench, so the 525 did a pretty good job at the dunes? How did the Dunetrakkers work for you? I have a front set as well, just didn' know how well the Outlaw would turn with them.... Let me know what your entire opinion was of the Outlaw!

It is the perfect machine for me.

I have normal wheels so it is at 54" wide. It handles perfect with them. I can be running along aobut anyspeed and just crank the bars and it turns and always feels stable. It is so smooth it is just unreal. I did put a 15 tooth front sprocket on it and that is by far the best thing I have done so far. It is fast but not super fast. I can outrun anything that is stock. Problem is most people have a pipe. I got outran every time by a 700 raptor with a curtis sparks pipe and power comander and intake by about 1-2 bike lengths. When it comes to trails nothing can hang with it, they can for a few minutes but then they just can't keep up that pace any longer.

spud400ex
04-25-2007, 10:54 AM
I remember seeing your daughter on the pink lt80 go by several times saturday. Was you son riding the honda 90 with sand stars all around?

tar
04-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by okieRrider
I don't have a pic of my quad on this puter but yours sticks out because of the asv sticker on the side and the curtis sparks exhaust. You were lined up on the far east side of the drag strip I believe or the closest side to the entrance in the south camp ground.

Now that I think back I think I remember your quad did you have a stock exhaust by any chance?

okieRrider
04-27-2007, 02:47 PM
No I have a FMF 4 slip on on my bike...lol there are so many ex's out there that I would need to get something distinctive on it because it just fades in with the rest of them.

smokinwrench
04-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by spud400ex
I remember seeing your daughter on the pink lt80 go by several times saturday. Was you son riding the honda 90 with sand stars all around?

I was there without kids this time. I was on the Outlaw 525, only 2 on the whole place that I seen and I was NOT the old fat guy.