PDA

View Full Version : Newbie HRC kit question

07ERider
04-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey guys I am new to the 450R scene and am looking to mod it for some more power in the future. I just bought an 07 ER, it is the first bike I have owned but have ridden quite a bit on friends bikes.

Anyhow my question, is the HRC kit a good inverstment or are there other things I should do instead? I guess I just would like to know all the common mods people are doing that dont involve tearing the motor down. So new new piston or cranks or anything. I tried to search but was unsuccessful.

Thanks
Shaun

slick7108514
04-09-2007, 11:53 PM
i think you will be pretty happy with the hrc kit. it adds lots of power to the top end so it makes drag racing much more enjoyable.

81built2hill81
04-10-2007, 05:45 AM
oh yea the HRC Kit Was My First Investment And If I Had To Do It All Over Again I Would Buy It First. I Have Yet To Purchase Anything That Has Made That Much Differnce in How The Quad Performs. After The HRC Kit I Would Look Into New Shocks And Swinger Link Or Rebuilds With A New Swinger Link. Next Best Mod For The Money. IMO

ratso
04-10-2007, 10:10 AM
That was the best $325 I could ever spend on my 06. The pipe insert that comes with the kit is very restrictive. I noticed a huge improvement with a HMF slip on to bad it hit my frame and I sent it back. I now have a rossier and love it. My 06 is now making the most power. I still want more so I will be changing my cam to a bigger one and moving my compression to 14.1 also porting my head.

IN THE WORLD OF TRX450R'S TO MUCH HP IS JUST ABOUT RIGHT:cool:

CHEVYZ
04-10-2007, 10:38 AM
It is a very good investment!...for the average rider it just doesn't get much better. It makes the bike run and perform like it should, and is extremely simple to install. It still amazes me everytime I pull up next to another bike!

d3ktrix
04-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by slick7108514
i think you will be pretty happy with the hrc kit. it adds lots of power to the top end so it makes drag racing much more enjoyable.

The 06-07 HRC cam adds low end power.

The 05 HRC cam adds high end power.

Either way still, still a massive improvement over stock through the whole power range.

07ERider
04-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Awesome thats what I wanted to hear. What slip on do you guys recommend with the HRC kit?

Also what is a swinger link?

TCracin440ex
04-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by 07ERider
Awesome thats what I wanted to hear. What slip on do you guys recommend with the HRC kit?

Also what is a swinger link?

i wente a lil all out and bought the white brothers carbon pro 2...man i love this pipe it is awsome...not 2 loud...nice rumble to it...best of all its tuneable so i can make it quieter if i want...difference in night and day in the bike with the stock muffler and hrc spark arrestor...

TCracin440ex
04-10-2007, 05:36 PM