PDA

View Full Version : PREDATOR wins state championship

VooDuu Child
10-09-2002, 10:30 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29305

WyoDuner
10-10-2002, 08:02 AM
Pretty good PR for Polaris - gotta give them credit. Now if they would just get the Predators inthe dealerships!!!

Maybe this actually one quad the will live up to the hype???

Z400central
10-10-2002, 08:04 AM
i think it will live up to the hype.....if its wining races already.....it comes out in november...:)

raptor_02
10-10-2002, 09:17 AM
The only reason the predator won is because Daryl Rath was racing it!!!!!!!!

VooDuu Child
10-10-2002, 11:24 AM
always a honda guy comin up with some excuse why it's not a honda on the podium. Out of the posts thus far, both yammi and suzi riders have given credit where deserved. What's that say? It's not like Rath was the only experienced racer out there, this was a state championship. Think about it. Yes, he's very good, but doesn't mean he was the only good one out that day.

Guy400
10-10-2002, 12:17 PM
I'm not making excuses for anybody but look at the standings for that race. Can you tell me how many national riders were at that event?? None that I can tell, at least not any that are in the top 10 or so of the national rankings. Rider means everything. I'm sure they're a lot of good riders in a statewide competition but that's nothing like competition from Ballance, Smiley, Page, Borich, Gallagher, Gust, etc.

Time will tell...

Castor-426ex
10-10-2002, 12:19 PM
im tellin ya...its a grenade...ifwe go to war with Iraq they need to just send a boat load of Polaris quads over there and in no time we will win...sure it might be fun for a while...but its gonna cause you some pain...:D

WyoDuner
10-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Didn't the article say something about taking the holeshot and never looking back??? I would think that says something in itself.

Personally, I don't care for Polaris but... If this performs as well as it is being claimed to it will be a serious contender.

Just becasue it's not a Honda doesn't mean it can't be good.

stupid driver
10-11-2002, 05:02 PM
i dont kare wut the hype is. i think the predator is gonna be a semi good quad. but think about it. the first REAL sport quad for polaris, and that clutch, it wont last long. i like the idea of it, but i dont think it will be the best thing to hit the floors ever.

Castor-426ex
10-12-2002, 12:43 AM
lets just wait till they hit the tracks...then everyone will know...

If polaris has done one thing, thats make a reputation about a quad...lol:D

MxDale71
10-12-2002, 10:54 AM
I hope the Predator does good. It may be a bit on the heavy side (which could be a draw back for them when most racers are lookin to buy a quad) but Polaris seems like they aren't afraid to give it the power needed to make up for the weight. So you Honda guys are right... it's just not a Honda... in other words, it will probably be fast. Also, as long as the weight is down low on the quad, it won't be to bad. I'm excited to see them at the tracks. I'd like to see some Z400's and KFX's at the track too... where you guys at? I've only seen one Z racing so far.

VooDuu Child
10-12-2002, 11:01 PM
I believe the lack of bump steer will make up for the weight, that along with the power.

raptor_02
10-13-2002, 11:09 AM
Ok if this race was competitive then why wouldn't Doug Gust being there sense that is his home state??? That's what I thought, it wasn't that competitive!!!!!!!!!

bandit390
10-13-2002, 11:17 AM
excuses...excuses....