PDA

View Full Version : need power now now now!

quadmax23
04-09-2007, 08:08 PM
i have an 06 kfx 400 with a yoshi slide on and ac nerf's, and my neighbor just got a 2007 trx 450, and i we r probly goin ridin some time next mouth but i wont to go out there and blow him away /just cause he talks allllot ha
so is there any thing that i can do with out bustin my bank
thx,

o and heres a pic of my quad
ya i know it needs some black shock covers lol

05Z400rdr
04-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Full exhaust
K&N filter with Outerwears (get either Modquad or ProDesign intake kit)
Lid off
Jetted

thatll wake it up

and about the shock covers..if i were you i wouldnt get them. i have 2 sets and i dont use them cuz after time, they rub the paint off of the springs and it gets wet in there and then your springs start to rust. its up to you though

hope this helps

Landon

drzoo2
04-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Is the lid on your airbox on or off? Cause if it's on, taking it off and rejetting is the cheapest and one of the best mods you can do. With a full pipe....nice.

There is a lot of free HP locked up in that.
zz

quadmax23
04-09-2007, 08:41 PM
ya as soon as i get enof money i wont to get the head pipe and the power kit, but little scared of getin into the crab. have no idea what im doin

o and the lid is still on but when i put the filter in, gonna take it off and get the outerwear on it

and i wonted to get the dyna rev box
but someone said somthin bout floating the valve
an i was like um ya that cant be good ha

the fat kid
04-09-2007, 08:55 PM
seems like from what i read the rev boxes are hit and miss, the lid off is a noticable difference and your gonna have to get into the carb with exhaust and stuff like that but i dont htink whit hte mods your looking at doing youll blow him away or anything, oh and maybe a 13t front sprocket or you could do it theyre way

http://www.partsforatvs.com/default.asp?p=2261&c=942&cn=M3Q+Z400+POWER

those are for ltz400;s

drzoo2
04-09-2007, 09:01 PM
If you want more power your going to get into the carb. No way around it. If you put that slip-on without rejetting your probably on the lean side.

Like said above a 13t is a great mod. About the only thing you can do with out getting in the carb.

z

bludevilz91
04-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Get a header for the slip-on. Open up the airbox and if you want you can buy an AIRBOX cover thats made from outerwear for like 20 bucks off of alba's website. With the dynatek revbox your probably gonna need stiffer valve springs (DRZ valves springs) b/c of the highers revs. An aftermarket carb would be really good. theres different kinds to get including the 450r carb (I have one for sale for 100 shipped ), fcr carb, or an edelbrook. If you wanna really turn your bike into a monster but keep it reliable I would go athena 434 kit with a nice set of cams. But that cost some real money.

the fat kid
04-10-2007, 10:38 AM
i hear that the stock header is the same circumference as an aftermarket, idk and the airbox cover is unnecessary if you have an outerwears sock for the filter, just run with no lid, and id think the aftermarket carb is overkill unless youve gone with a big bore kit, just re-jet what you got,..

quadmax23
04-10-2007, 03:12 PM
well the guy up at the shop said that an aftermaket head pipe is a tad bit bigger and it and lil bit more power when u rejet and everything

any ideas on a head pipe??
should i go with the yoshi or powerbomb header

ya i like all the stuff on mod3 but is there anyway u think i can get all stuff in that kit sep for the pipe cause already go it

thx for the info bludevilz91.....but ha dont have that much money to put in my quad, wish i did but

the fat kid
04-10-2007, 03:54 PM
some one was saying on here that the powerbomb is the same size as stock idk personally, and idk about the site, i guess you could see if you could substitute something in there thats roughly the same price, but i just found the site the other day i though it was cool with the packages... good luck with your performance quest...

jonboy
04-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Even if it didi have the same dia. It is the bends in the pipe that make a difference. I would strongly suggest the DRZe kit from advantage cycle. They rock.

drzoo2
04-10-2007, 06:37 PM
The power bomb is larger than the stock pipe.

z

the fat kid
04-10-2007, 06:54 PM
i asked about this in a previous thread, so i guess itd be better to get a power bomb then, i have a slip on, how much of a gain is it, and sorry for thread jacking... :ermm:

bludevilz91
04-10-2007, 07:24 PM
idk about an aftermarkey carb being overkill. If you got a fcr or an edelbrook you will notice a big differnece this comes from first hand experience with the fcr carb. My Yoshi header is a lot bigger than the pos stock one. As for the airbox cover its just another layer dirt has to get through idk just me .02 cents

bludevilz91
04-10-2007, 07:27 PM
idk about an aftermarkey carb being overkill. If you got a fcr or an edelbrook you will notice a big differnece this comes from first hand experience with the fcr carb. My Yoshi header is a lot bigger than the pos stock one. If you do go ahead and do the cdi box get either a dynatek or vortex b/c the everything else is a rebadge procom (FAKIE LOL). As for the airbox cover its just another layer dirt has to get through The DRZ kit is great from paul at advantage cycle. If you go ahead with it I would suggest kibblewhite valves b/c the stockers have been known to cup. idk just my .02 cents

quadmax23
04-10-2007, 08:31 PM
well i guess im goin with the power bomb sence the ppl at yoshi wont answer the PHONE lol
and get the header and the power kit

ha its cool ''the fat kid'' lol i would of asked the same question if u wouldnt have lol

but ya i landed pretty hard today
and was wondering if u can ur the stock shocks off of a 450 on my 400
if so, what stock 450 shocks would be the best to use

the fat kid
04-10-2007, 09:26 PM
its all good ive heard mixed things about hte header sizes, and yeah the box lid thing is cool and all but i just run no lid and a outerwears prefilter on my knn and it does superb, i mean i get over headlight deep in water about 30% of my riding time we gets sloppy, same thing with my buddies 400ex, lid off and a prefilter cover on the k and n. and with the shocks, i think the honda 450r shox fit with a shim on em but why change did you bend yours or soemthing??:confused:

edit: i was told my my local shop that with mild mods a carb is kinda over kill, im sure its an improvement but arent they like in the neighborhood of 400bux id just rejet for 50

bludevilz91
04-10-2007, 10:13 PM
the 450r shocks require a little bit of milling at the top I believe. There pretty much the closest ones that will match right up. Check z400central.com im pretty sure there was just a topic on 450r shocks in the suspension section

drzoo2
04-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by the fat kid
its all good ive heard mixed things about hte header sizes, and yeah the box lid thing is cool and all but i just run no lid and a outerwears prefilter on my knn and it does superb, i mean i get over headlight deep in water about 30% of my riding time we gets sloppy, same thing with my buddies 400ex, lid off and a prefilter cover on the k and n. and with the shocks, i think the honda 450r shox fit with a shim on em but why change did you bend yours or soemthing??:confused:

edit: i was told my my local shop that with mild mods a carb is kinda over kill, im sure its an improvement but arent they like in the neighborhood of 400bux id just rejet for 50

When I added the power bomb to my ti-4 I had to take out the spacer on the end of the mid pipe so the larger sized FMF header would fit. Nothing mixed about it. It's larger. The TI-4 comes with a adapter to make the opening smaller to fit the stock header.

z

the fat kid
04-11-2007, 09:16 AM
oh well now im informed... how much of a difference does just a header really make,...

drzoo2
04-11-2007, 09:27 AM
I didn't notice much with just a slip on. Nice kick when I added the header. Most dyno data I've seen with full systems were around 5HP gains on a Z. I've never seen a comparison with just a slip-on vs header/no header. Be interesting.

z

the fat kid
04-11-2007, 02:05 PM
indeed

quadmax23
04-11-2007, 06:15 PM
o ill try and find my yoshi papers and load em on
theirs a chart that says the gains with the slipon vs the full system

i didnt bend em it just lands really herd when i jump it and stuff even when i kick the front wheels up

but i got intrested and looked on hondas website and the stock 450 shocks have 8.4 inch. of travel in front and in back it has 9.0 inch of travel

and looked on suzuki and the front stock shocks have 8.5 in. of travel in front and 9.1 in back

and was thinkin well then arnt the z shocks better.....

the fat kid
04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
yeah you got the ones with rezzies so i was wondering why youd wanna swithc unless theyre broken, i htink elka has a set of adjustables for around 400 bux idk thuough.