PDA

View Full Version : Piolt jet

330ex51
04-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I am having a bad bog when i hit the gas, what can i do to fix that? should i go up a size Also how do i adjust the needle?

My set up now is

Main 128
piolt 38
air screw 2 1/2 turns

2muchquad
04-09-2007, 09:58 PM
if thats a 300ex then you dont have a air screw,thats a fuel screw on the bottom of the carb;) When does it bog?is your air filter clean and properly oiled?did this start all of a sudden or after modifications?I have seen clogged fuel petcocks actually starv a motor of fuel too.

330ex51
04-10-2007, 07:05 AM
I dont have any new mods, but it started when I was ridding one day and it started to bog when I try to take off. I took off the carb and the piolt was clogged so I cleaned it and the whole carb. now it is still bogging in the take off. MY air filter seems ok.

bwamos
04-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Doublecheck to make sure the aramature didn't slip off of the accelerator pump needle. (under black plastic cover).

It happens.

What are your mods?

You adjsut the needle throught the top cover on the carb. You'll have to remove the top and side covers.

Remove the screw on the shaft. Pull the shaft out jsut far enough to pull out the slide mechanism.

Remove the 2 brass screws in the base of the slide. The bracket and lever arm will both come out. The needle will now slide out. To raise the needle pull off the c-clip and move it one notch toward the pointed end.

Reassemble.

330ex51
04-10-2007, 09:00 AM
My mods are:
K&N
Mega Max
330ex kit
It is a newer motor I just got it in the fall so there are not lots of hours but some and since I got the new motor which is bigger It has been a dog but it is getting worst it seems to be really lean. I am going to adjust the needle though and try that Also Should I move the piolt up??

2muchquad
04-10-2007, 09:48 AM
did you rejet for the cooler weather?If not then it will run lean.Do you run the open end cap or disc in your mega max?if you have the closed end cap and only a couple disc it will be choked

330ex51
04-10-2007, 10:03 AM
I have the end cap on with 11 discs caz that seemed to be the best power range but I dont know much about the mega max I was thinking of getting something new caz It is a pretty crappy pipe.

2muchquad
04-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Actually the mega max has one of the best headpipes in the business.Its the same size as the wb if i remember right.Do you run the air box lid?Does it bog right off idle and rev out eventually?

330ex51
04-10-2007, 10:29 AM
yeah it bogs right off idle if I hit the gas but if I push it slow it reves up fine just has a bad bog right away.

I run the air lid on caz i mainly trail ride

330ex51
04-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Well I have adjusted the needle, got my jets at 128, 38 cleaned air filter checked aramature and it is still doggy when I hit the gas hard What else can I do? I am going to work on my gas line fromt the tank to the carb to try and get gas to flow good caz there are two pinches in it now Any suggestions?

2muchquad
04-12-2007, 06:24 AM
try going out a bit on your fuel screw a bit.Make sure your accel pump is working.pull the carb off and hit the gas,you should see a squirt of fuel.There has to be gas in the float bowl though;)

161xchonda
04-12-2007, 01:53 PM
We had the exact same problem on my 300. We tried a lot of different jets and it still would not run right. We took off the air box lid and I took it for a spin around the yard. It had never run better before. My dad drilled a big hole in the back of the airbox lid. I do almost all xc races and I have had 4 really wet races ( if you race the Koontz series you guys know what I mean) and I did not have 1 problem at all. As long as you do not charge big puddles really hard you should not have 1 problem with it sucking in water or debri.