PDA

View Full Version : YFZ 450 show/go long travel F/S

cjkranz
04-09-2007, 05:37 PM
I just finished this quad and thought it would be the "one." I have been riding a Raptor at the dunes for the last several years and recently sold it (to fund this dune project) The quad runs/rides great, it just isn't what I expected it to be (it doesn't feel like a Raptor, (Duh!!)) I should have listened to my wife last winter before the purchase/rebuild began.. Here is what it has..

'04 YFZ 450, never raced/wrecked/rolled.. The original owner bought it to race, but decided it wasn't for him. The second builder (Darren from Port Works) bought it and turned it into his personal dune machine. I then bought it this winter and made it a show/go quad..

The go part:

-PEP long travel with remote rezzies on the front
-Houser long travel a-arms
-steel braided front brake lines
-chrome +2 anti-vibe steering stem
-Pro Taper bars
-Pro Design kill tether
-Balwin racing kill tether harness
-Dominator +2-+6 adjustable chrome axle
-AC pro peg nerf bars
-Noleen rebuilt twin spring rear shock
-Curtis Sparks full exhaust
-Ron Woods airbox eliminator kit with K&N filter/outerware
-PEP easy pull clutch armature
-PEP chain roller relocator
-FX graphics kit with shaved front fenders
-Ron Woods cams
-all new valve train (GYTR titanium valves/springs)
-Carbon clutch plates, GYTR heavy springs
-CP piston with 13:1 compression
-dune ported/polished (by portworks of Tulsa)

The show part:
All the parts listed below have been powder coated either twilight black, sparkle bright red, or metalic silver. They have also been PC'd twice, the second time with a clear coat (for better show and durability). This was all done by Bontrager Powder Coating in Hutchinson, Ks.
-Frame
-sub frame
-a-arms
-tie-rods
-all brake calipers
-hubs
-spindle assembly
-wheels
-nerf bars
-oil tank
-both side cases of the motor
-valve cover
-swingarm
-front bumper
-grab bar
-rear brake hub
-rear sproket hub
-all shock coils
Basically the only parts I didn't PC were the chrome steering stem, axle and the main cases/cylinder of the motor..

As I stated above, it runs awsome and is very smooth, but I just don't fell comfortable on it like I did with my Raptor.. (I'm 6'3" and 220 lbs)

There is a total of around $14,000 in it.. I am asking $7000 OR trade for a 700 Raptor.. I have pics available upon request. dunetuned@sbcglobal.net or 620-727-0407 Located in Hutchinson, Ks.

cjkranz
04-09-2007, 05:41 PM
front view...

cjkranz
04-09-2007, 05:43 PM
left side...

cjkranz
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
rear view..

edfrench
04-22-2007, 09:19 PM
i have an 03 660 raptor if your interested

cjkranz
04-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Sorry, but only interested in the 700 Raptor (EFI).. thanks for the offer though..

cjkranz
04-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Just FYI, we put the quad on a dyno this weekend and it put out 50 hp at the rear wheels, and that was a little on the rich side.. I have the dyno sheet also..

cjkranz
05-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Someone needs this awsome duner! $7,000 Or Best Offer.. i would even entertain trading for something else other then a Raptor and some $...