PDA

View Full Version : Why...Why...Why???

450rdominator
04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey, how do you adjust the A/F mixture screw on the 06 450r...i called the dealer and they said that california state law makes them put a brass cover over it and they wouldnt tell me how to adjust it so....how do you do it...because i put a rossier exhuast, pro design air filter kit w/lid off, and hot cams stage 2 and the guys a rossier told me to run 162 main,48 pilot,hrc needle 4th clip,and A/F 2 1/2 out...... i got to glamis and my pipe was all blue and purple after i got done from a ride so i went down to the store and bought a 168 main!! the blue went almost completely away, but i was cleaning my bike when i got back, and pulled out the spark plug and it had a black powdery bottom on it ...wich is too rich...so what do i do..i never had the chance to change the a/f screw...so could that be the problem???

TRX450RACER174
04-09-2007, 04:04 PM
So did you ever adjust the a/f screw? if not it is on the bottom of the carb it is 3/4 round with a flat side on it. There is a special tool that comes in the hrc kit to adjust this i would just get rid of it and put a aftermaket one on much easier to adj.

trxHRC450r
04-09-2007, 04:12 PM
if u ever bought a jet kit, they come with the correct size drill bit to drill out that brass piece. just go slow and down ram the bit down into the a/f screw. if u have never done it, i would be extra careful

TWILES
04-09-2007, 04:40 PM
If its like the Yamaha, you just take the bowl off and push the disk out with a screwdriver. I put a ProCircuit screw in mine.

taino_racing
04-09-2007, 06:18 PM
i have the same setup 07/06 but i took a dremel and cut a slot to use a short flat blade driver on the needle!by the way there is not a cover on that needle

81built2hill81
04-10-2007, 06:34 AM
I Would Just Buy An Aftermarket A/F Screw They Are Like 15 Bucks. As Far As The Cover On It im sure If You Pull The Bowl Off You Can Pop It Out Or Cut It Off.