PDA

View Full Version : 91 warrior no spark

JW450R1
04-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Can some help me out with a warrior no spark.
I tested the stator,pick up coil.ohm'ed out ok.
no power to the orange wire from the cdi box.
Removed the l/side case and found the pick up coil installed upside down.reinstalled properly thinking i found it no good:ermm:
my wiring harness has definatly seen better days.Is there anyway to check and pin-point a cdi box?????
I've read in couple of different posts about wrong engine and wrong wireing/components.How would you tell.
CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME.

JW450R1
04-10-2007, 05:49 AM
any buddy

gotwarrior
04-10-2007, 08:37 PM
dose it turn over??? or is there just no spark at all???

54warrior
04-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by JW450R1

my wiring harness has definatly seen better days.

That would be where I'd start. It's alot of work, but going completely over your harness can't hurt. My 96 was in bad shape. I ended up taking it completely off the machine. It was a pain in the keister, but better than buying new. Had to do a lot of cutting/splicing to get it back in shape. Alot of the connectors were bad too so I spliced them in.

You will be amazed at how many cracked wires there are near the rear of the machine by the battery box. Everything is so twisted around and whatnot that they crack over time. Nothing you can do about it.

JW450R1
04-11-2007, 05:48 PM
yea,I've been threw the wiring harness wire by wire.It's in bad shape,but it still should work.yes it does turn over.From what i have read is that there are 3 different wiring harnesses for warriors.I called yammi and gave them the vin # and they told me it was a 1991,but when i gave them the motor vin # they said they couldn't help me with it.I have read in different forums that if you have a different year harness////motor that will make a difference.Will the nuetral safety switch make a difference if it not hooked up???????.Also i have a few ground wires towards the rear of the quad that just don't go to anything???.If any one has been there and done that.I will gladly listen to what they have to say.....:)

54warrior
04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
If memory serves.....

If the Neutral Safety switch isn't hooked up, the quad won't start???? Thats the one that comes down and connects into the case below and forward of the shifter correct?

Would go test mine, but it's 250 miles away!!!

JW450R1
04-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Yes i see the wire that goes to the n-safety switch.I just don't no where it goes in the harness

54warrior
04-12-2007, 04:14 PM
I believe it goes into the harness right behind the left side frame upright just below where the top part of the subframe ties in.

JW450R1
04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
ok, i'll check it out.thanx

JW450R1
04-15-2007, 04:52 PM
My problem is that i don't no if the motor is a 1991.I no the frame is,but can u mix up the wiring harness.?????????/
there is like 3-4 different harness for this warrior.if i was to replace the stator assembly,cdi,and harness in 1 shot from a different year would that still work?.

54warrior
04-16-2007, 09:13 AM
I think if you replaced it all together, it would work. You'd also need the correct Voltage Regulator for the harness too.

I think you'd need the following set of stuff:

Harness
VReg
Stator
CDI

The coil should be the same.

gotwarrior might be able to provide some input on this as well.

Blkmaroman
04-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I put a 88 motor on my 92 and the 87and88 motors have a different flywheel that wont work with the 89-95 stator,wiringetc. So i put a 92 flywheel on the 88 motor and it fired right up. Have you checked your simple stuff like your spark plug and cap because my cap ended up being bad as well. You can tell if you have 87 or 88 wiring by looking at the wiring coming off the stator, if there are two plugs one 3white wires and one 4wires then you have 89-95 wiring, but if you have the two plugs and also two individual orange wires then its the older 87or88 wiring and stator.

JW450R1
04-17-2007, 04:55 AM
I will have to ck that out.How would you no which flywheel is on it.I'm also wondering if the cover and stator assembly is for the wrong years.Yes i've ck'ed spark at coil.There is a orange wire going out of the cdi box to the coil with no juice

54warrior
04-17-2007, 05:12 AM
I believe the orange wire is the power wire from the cdi to coil. If the coil isn't getting any juice from the CDI, then you won't have spark. Maybe it's a bad CDI box???? There are ways to check it but I don't have my manual a friend is borrowing it.

JW450R1
04-17-2007, 05:18 AM
Yes,i could be.I asked and also checked the clymers manual,but it says no way to ck it.That manual is really not that good for electrical and diag.