PDA

View Full Version : shipping quad

MOTORIDER68
04-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Thinking about buying a quad in Alabama, and I live in Kentucky.
Those of you that have shipped a quad before what companies have you used and how did it work out? What about pricing? I was thinking its about a 9 hour drive and by the time I put gas in the truck and a room in alabama, inot to mention food, t may just be easier to ship.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

400EXTRA
04-09-2007, 03:24 PM
isint it expensive to ship them?

CRich[814]
04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by 400EXTRA
isint it expensive to ship them?

ive heard $350-$500. it isnt that bad i guess.

400EXTRA
04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
no expecialy if you really want it badly

smr
04-09-2007, 03:31 PM
I used yellow frieght to ship one from Cali to Ky. You will have to get who your buying it from to crate it and you may have to pick it up at a depo. I was about $200.00 by the time I paid for the crate.

good luck

drag93ex
04-09-2007, 07:06 PM
shipping can be trouble. i live in ky also, i would just make the drive down one morning, get it, stay the night, then drive back the next night. might cost slightly more, but atleast you wont be wondering where its at.

firefighterjosh
04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
If its under 10 hours I would go get it your self. Pack some sandwhiches, bring a friend. Maybe get a samller truck to save gas and go get it. Better the look over the quad. pictures don't do the justice

416exmx
04-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Im getting ready to ship one to AZ. I always use freightquote.com. They will get you the cheapest carrier and you dont have to spend hours calling around to find the best rate. I have an account there and the guy will always tell me if the cheapest is a trusting carrier, if not, I will go with the next on the list. It seems to work pretty well. The cheapest will be if the seller will crate it, you have a forklift to unload it and the shipment is business to business. I have shipped with the companies that have their own crates, you just roll the quad in, but most of the crates are like 47-48" and a built quad won't fit inside. Being that close, id guess shipping should be less than $300.

MOTORIDER68
04-10-2007, 01:56 PM
well after talking with the seller, he gets a discount through a local carrier he ships through a lot. It is going to be about $380, which isnt to bad I was figuring by the time I spend gas, hotel, food, and missing 2 days work it would be worth it to pay the shipping fee. I am just gonna have it delivered to my local honda shop.lol I already talked to them but I think its funny I am shipping a suzuki to a honda shop. Thanks for all the help and responses!!!