PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Filter ?

ravage3000
04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Whats the largest production model pre-filter you can buy ? DS650, Raptor ? I plan on modding my air box lid..

rescue6
04-09-2007, 04:14 PM
just buy an outerwears air box cover they are only 19.95 it is as big as the entire airbox then mod away. Magic racing has them.

hornetgod13
04-09-2007, 05:42 PM
The Outerwears covers are WORTHLESS! Owned one and I know personally. The adhesive velcro does not stick for long and the fit is awful. Save yourself the $20.00 and remove the lid and install a pre-filter or spend the money for a EHS Racing lid.

rescue6
04-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
The Outerwears covers are WORTHLESS! Owned one and I know personally. The adhesive velcro does not stick for long and the fit is awful. Save yourself the $20.00 and remove the lid and install a pre-filter or spend the money for a EHS Racing lid.

Wow! Angry today are we. If you read his first post it is going to be used to modify his lid like I did with the measurements you got me from your EHS lid. I think it turned out pretty nice I will post som pics when I get time. I will agree it doesnt do a great job on its own and I would not use one for what they sell them for but it does work if you want a large piece of outerwear material.

400exMO
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by rescue6
Wow! Angry today are we. If you read his first post it is going to be used to modify his lid like I did with the measurements you got me from your EHS lid. I think it turned out pretty nice I will post som pics when I get time. I will agree it doesnt do a great job on its own and I would not use one for what they sell them for but it does work if you want a large piece of outerwear material.
please post up some pics.

ravage3000
04-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Did you use Outerwear or K&N ? .. I cannot find a phone number to Outerwear and not 100% on K&N .. the largest peice at a reasonable price is 4x6 inches from K&N.

rescue6
04-10-2007, 12:08 PM
go to Magic racing onlie or call C&D look under filters they sell the outerwears air box cover for 19.00 or you could but an EHS racing replacement piece for like 15 from them

ravage3000
04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
How big of a pre-filter do you need ? Would a 7x7inch do it ?

Barrymaxx
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Im not a prefilter fan also. A guy I ride iwth had one on his shee. Huge pain in the rear. Always sucking water in, and the velcro wasent worth a damn. Ill never have one. Maybe they work for dry conditions.

rescue6
04-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by ravage3000
How big of a pre-filter do you need ? Would a 7x7inch do it ?

If you are modding the airbox then any size will work just cut the lid to match the size you have I somewhat copied the EHS racing one on mine I believe it was 7 and 1/2 inches long and 4 and 1/2 inch wide and round on both ends.

400exMO
04-10-2007, 07:25 PM
If you are modding the airbox then any size will work just cut the lid to match the size you have I somewhat copied the EHS racing one on mine I believe it was 7 and 1/2 inches long and 4 and 1/2 inch wide and round on both ends.
do you have any pics of it?

AtvMxRider
04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Panty hose works great;)

rescue6
04-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I will try yo get some pics up in a few days when I get home from work.

rescue6
04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
There is a picture of an EHS racing lid in this thread ( thank Hornetgod13 for this one) hope this helps. The one I made looks exactly like that one minus the ingraving and mine is painted yellow. I cut it out of a piece of aluminum I believe it was .125 thick

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=291323&highlight=snorkle

hornetgod13
04-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Here's a picture of an EHS Racing Lid. They are sold in either a kit or complete lid assembly.
I went plowing through mud and large mud puddles and even ran a heavy rain storm and had no issues with water in my air box. As long as you stay out of rivers and streams you'll have no problem with running one of these.