PDA

View Full Version : My old Banshee.... memories...

400exrider707
04-09-2007, 09:23 AM
haha, my gf was cleaning out some old pics on her computer and found some pics of my first quad I ever bought myself, it was a 2000 banshee.... I'll try and list the mods, but its been a while
Trinity stave IV cool head with 19cc domes
Wiseco Pro-lite pistons
Pro circuit pipes and 304 silencers
V-Force 2 Reeds
Reed spacers
port and polish
White bros boost bottle
larger carbs (cant remember size?!)
Pro-design billet intake and filter
Barnett clutch
lonstar a-arms ( I think!?)
Laeger swinger w/ honda style carrier
durablue axle
douglas rear 190 rims
AC pro-peg nerfs
Renthal bars
Amp link
Works dual rate fronts
works quadstar single rate rear w/ remote rezzie
FAST hahah

I remember I got it home and it needed a chain, so the dummy I am I put a standard DID chain on it, and it was trashed in about 3 hours of riding. hahahaha

400exrider707
04-09-2007, 09:24 AM
my gf trying to start it up....:p

Gray33
04-09-2007, 09:30 AM
hello so how much did you end up selling your banashe for? ANd how fast do they go i have heard that they can beat a 450r is that true or what? anways, what kind of quad to you have now..

400exrider707
04-09-2007, 10:23 AM
That one would spank a stock 450R. I have an 05 450R now. I have a 11.5:1 piston, NMotion full exhaust, HRC cam and UNI and it is definitely faster than that banshee was. They were way different machines, the banshee was still a butt load of fun to ride, and I miss it, but it was kind of a headache to own. I sold it with all the stuff on it like that in the pic, but I also had new plastics and a new seat cover on it for $3000. I paid $2200 for it when it was only 3 years old with that stuff on it! Top speed was probably close on both with the 450R taking the edge I guess, I dont really know, they are both MX machines so I really could care less about top speed. Top speed is useless...

I actually sold that banshee and got a 400ex, I was already faster on an MX track, that banshee was a handful....It was all top end power and had a lot of it.

04-09-2007, 01:25 PM
banshees are fun rides, they are probally the funnest machine out there. I love looking back at old pictures. I found some of me on my first quad (lt50) and those are cool to look at. I even looking back at when i bought my 250r

400exrider707
04-10-2007, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
banshees are fun rides, they are probally the funnest machine out there. I love looking back at old pictures. I found some of me on my first quad (lt50) and those are cool to look at. I even looking back at when i bought my 250r

Yeah looking back it probably wasn't the best idea to buy a modded banshee as my first manual clutch sport quad, but I learned quick! It was a blast, and it was a rocket too. I miss it sometimes, then I think about how many times the chain popped off and wedged between the front sprocket and case on me .....:grr:

04-11-2007, 05:37 PM
good part about learning on a banshee is that you get used to how much clutch work you have to do in the cornors and keeping it in the power band. Now anythign else your rise seems like a breeze and your a better rider because you learned on such a hard ATV to ride.

The 450 guys cant jump on a banshee and work the clutch like the banshee guys can, but we can always jump on their 450s and ride just fine

firefighterjosh
04-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I know what you mean I just sold mine last week:(

400exrider707
04-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
good part about learning on a banshee is that you get used to how much clutch work you have to do in the cornors and keeping it in the power band. Now anythign else your rise seems like a breeze and your a better rider because you learned on such a hard ATV to ride.

The 450 guys cant jump on a banshee and work the clutch like the banshee guys can, but we can always jump on their 450s and ride just fine

When my 450 was stock, it required more clutch than my shee did. The shee would pull 3rd gear starts with stock gearing and 18" tires. You could run a gear higher than where you should be and just pull it out of a corner... it was actually very clutch friendly, just either full power or nothing though, there was no happy medium there... the only way to get it going fast was just keep hammering gears...

400exrider707
04-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I know what you mean I just sold mine last week:(

at the time I sold both of my toys (the sled an shee in the pic) so I could get a new truck. After which I sold my old truck and bought the 400. I should have kept the other truck and the two toys, instead upgraded truck and sorta downgraded quads. Now Im wishing I never did it. My old truck got about 6-8mpg better than the new one, and I had two toys instead of 1.:ermm: