View Full Version : Wont Idle,

trx4ever
04-08-2007, 11:38 PM
I have a 05 trx, and I can start it up and if I keep the throttle on it will stay running but if I let off it will die, and its not a case of the idle being to low its perfect but it just wont idle. I was thinking maybe throttle positioning sensor or maybe the valves nee adjusting but besides that dont know..

04-09-2007, 06:18 AM
When was the last time you adjusted your valves? I would bet your intake valves are tight.

trx4ever
04-09-2007, 07:36 AM
THe last time they were adjusted was, in december

04-09-2007, 07:48 AM
on the left side close to your choke there should be a black thing that you can twist to adjust the idle. i just did that when it happened to me. it works fine now.

trx4ever
04-09-2007, 07:59 AM
its not the idle as i already stated, I could do that and it would stay running but I would grind gears when I try to shift to first, it would be like revving to half throttle while at a stand still, and shifting, and the idle would be so high that I would not have it throttle to be moving fast.

Wingnut
04-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I agree with trx450r_racer, its probably the valves. Mine did the same thing you are describing and a valve adjustment fixed it. I had to adjust the idle way too high to keep it running, and it wouldn't start without a little throttle.

d3ktrix
04-09-2007, 10:42 PM
My bike idled much cleaner after I adjusted my valves. But no ware near as bad as you are describing. And it really only had any affect before the bike was fully warmed up.