PDA

View Full Version : shortening my HMF?

Glenyzracer25
04-08-2007, 11:10 PM
i am thinking of shortening my HMF? has anyone else shortend theres? i was just curious as to how hard it is to do? if there are any problems after doing it?

04-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Easy to do.
Take the muffler off. How ever short you want mark it with a marker or tape or rubber band. You cut the back of the muffler (closest to the grab bar) not the front. If you cut the front the mounts would not line up.

Then once its cut to how short you want it you need to shorten the core. For the core you cut the front of it (oppesit side that you cut off muffler).

Then drill new holes for the rivets and repack it and you got your self a shorty.

If the hmf logo is metal and not a sticker drill 2 holes on the side of the muffler so you can re-mount the hmf logo or if its a sticker just put a new sticker on.

On all the pipes I modded I always run at 8" total. Shortning it does nothing but make it louder and sounds sweet when idling, looks better too. It does not add power like people say the only power gain you will feel is in you head. People think if you cut them it will be just like a tc which it is not it is just shorter and louder.

Every time I made my pipes shorter I got a little more popping on decell so I think it makes you a little leaner.

Glenyzracer25
04-10-2007, 11:35 AM
thanks. i assumed thats what needed to be done. i just wanted to get some advice. thank you.