PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to get ball-joints out of spindels! PLEASE HELP

stocktires
10-09-2002, 08:22 PM
Does anyone have any tips to gettin to ball joints out of the spindels? Mine ball-joints studs are frozen in the spindels and Im can get them out, and help with be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Im trying to d othis ASAP so I can send all my stuff to kenny fr PCing (spindels If I can get the the a-arms off)

DMC mx400ex
10-09-2002, 08:49 PM
IU HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, WELL ACTUALY 1 4TH OF IT, ONCE I HAD ONE LOOSE I UNBOLTED THE TOP A-ARM WICH WAS THE ONLY ONE CONECTED, TURNED IT SO I COULD FIT AN EXTENSION TRUOGH THE BOTTOM HOLEAND UP AGAINST THE OTHER BOLT, THEN HIT IT WITH A HAMMER AND BANG IT WAS LOOSE....

redrider ex
10-09-2002, 09:07 PM
joint.

stocktires
10-09-2002, 09:23 PM
tap on the ball joint? All four of mine are frozen :mad:
Thanx for the help

DMC mx400ex
10-11-2002, 05:12 AM
be carefull of hitting the balljoint, u wouldnt want to damage them

10-11-2002, 06:31 AM
Look around in the FAQ section,,I think theres some info in there on it. A ball joint tool makes it easier,,i won't go into details on how I broke mine loose,,I don't wanna see anybody get injured..:eek:

Guy400
10-11-2002, 06:35 AM
Get a balljoint fork. I doubt this will be your last time changing balljoints so it'd be worth it to get one. You could take a hard plastic mallet and tap on the spindle right where the balljoint stud goes through. A lot of times this will break it free.

If you don't want to buy a fork you could check out the "Best of" forum. I do believe Leo posted a thread on balljoint removal.

NTPRacing#19
10-12-2002, 12:33 PM
the ball joints are not frozen in. The way they fit is a Pressure fit. all you have to do is get a ballpine hammer and tap the spindle where the ball joint is and pull up at the same time do this a few times and they will come right out

Sick0
10-12-2002, 01:28 PM
Yeah the bast way and the right way is with a ball joint frok( I think it called a pickel fork. Thats whats I used and it works like a charm. You can bought one at any car parts store. Plus If you ever have to fix a ball joint on you car you will be all set.