PDA

View Full Version : adjustable needle

ricks450
04-08-2007, 07:03 PM
does keihin make a adjustable needle for the 05 and newer 400ex's? that you can get or will the 04 and older needle work in the newer carbs? thanks guys.

GPracer2500
04-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes, the 99-04 needle will work.

rescue6
04-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Best wat to get one is on E-bay serch for a carb rebuild kit and you will get the needle and a pilot screw that is not D shaped for 19.99 plus shipping or you can but just the needle for 22 from honda

hornetgod13
04-08-2007, 09:31 PM
www.jetsrus.com sells Carb Rebuild Kits. $26.79

Content of kit varies depending on make, model and year; photo shown for illustrative purposes only. Most carburetor rebuild kits come with the following components: adjustable needle, needle jet, main jet, pilot jet, float spring, float needle, o-ring, c-clips, gaskets, and more.

ricks450
04-09-2007, 04:06 PM
do you guys think that the keihin adjustable needles are better then the dynojet ajustable needle? are the tapers differant? thanks guys. :)

rescue6
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
The tapers are different. Dynojet says that there taper produces a flatter A/F ratio. I dont think it is worth the difference in price I mean I payed 23 with shipping Dynojet wants 49 - 59 plus shipping plus the K jets are easier to get and use

ricks450
04-09-2007, 04:55 PM
i got the dyno jet kit and i cannot get this bike right with this kit. the needle has got to be the wrong needle or it is not what i need. when i get this bike running right on the bottom and responding good it runs to lean on the top side. i got the biggest jet in it (that comes in this dyno jet kit 170) which is egaul to a 190 keihin. i think. i put a 165 in it and it was to lean it turned the plug white with a blue tint. way to lean so i went back up to the 170. i still would like it to run a little richer up top. i can richin the top buy pulling the needle back up (not as much as i would like) but it runs way to rich on bottom to mid. no matter what i do with the air/fuel screw. so i was thinking i would try the keihin needle. i can get the bike to respond good and give a good reading on plug on first clip and 3 1/4 out, but way to lean on top side. the needle is not coming out far enough. this on 170 main. so i put the needle on third clip and it riches the top side a little , but it makes it run way to rich on bottom no matter what i do with fuel screw. it dont make any sense. this not the first time i have done this. so im not new to this. i just do understand what is going on with this kit. i know i need to go up on the main to get the high end where i wont it but thats not going to fix the low end. thanks guys for all the info. :cool:

ricks450
04-09-2007, 10:18 PM
thanks guys!! changed needle and bike runs great. they happen to have a keihin adj. needle at a local shop. taper was way off on the dynojet needle not sure what happened there. i really dont even care im just glad i got him going. he was starting to get nervese not knowing whats going on and im over here scratching my head. thanks for info on needles. :D

rescue6
04-10-2007, 08:20 AM
No problem glad to help and I am glad you got it running right