PDA

View Full Version : hotcams

ebo 4356
04-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Could i run stage 1 hotcams on a stock motor with an hmf slip-on, and what kind of performance upgrade would it make.

81 clark racing
04-08-2007, 06:33 PM
yes you will gain some low end. but you will not gain the full potential of what the cam has to offer by runing stock compression. if you run a high compressiom piston then you will get the full advantage of the cam. if i was you id get a full exhaust system before you get the cams

GPracer2500
04-08-2007, 06:41 PM
I'd take a stg 1 HC w/ a slip-on over a full system and the stock cam any day of the week.

ex_freestyle
04-08-2007, 06:42 PM
ya you can run a hotcam stage 1 and even stage 2 if you want the stage 1 will give you more bottom end and mid-range power and the stage 2 will give you more mid-range to top end but if you want the full abillities of your cam put after market headers on. i ran a supertrap ids slip on for a while after putting my stage 1 in and my higher comp. piston in and i noticed that it pulled abit more than it use to, now i have a curtis sparks x-6 full system and it gave it just a bit more top end.

ebo 4356
04-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Are they pretty easy to install, and the hotcam description for stage one says it gives you mid to high end. Whats involved to installing a cam.

GPracer2500
04-08-2007, 08:18 PM
It's pretty easy. If you're comfortable adjusting your valves then you'll have no problem swapping cams. Even if you've never done your own valve adjust, as long as you've got some mechanical inclination I say go for it. Having a service manual on hand is a good idea (if for no other reason than to have the torque specs).

Pretty sure there's at least one "how to" floating around somewhere.

94F450SD
04-08-2007, 08:28 PM
get the stage 1.you will love it!!!i got the HMF slip on and the stage 1 hotcam in mine.you will notice a big improvement in lower end.one of the best things ive done to my quad.

sportrax stu
04-09-2007, 07:43 AM
wud it b ok to install a stage 1 cam on my 400ex, i have a fmf powercore 4 s/o and a k&n air filter, but i have to run the stock s/o most of the time cos of the neighbours. wud it still be ok to have one on their even with the stock s/o or wud i damge something?

GPracer2500
04-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Sure, it'll be fine.

XtremelyCrazy
04-09-2007, 11:41 AM
In my conversations with Hotcams, Stage I is for stock motors, Stage II is for bored over, higher compression motors.

Def-e-nition
04-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey Gp Racer , Long time no see .

Listen , Look elsewhere on this forum for my rave on the Stage 1 .

I have another problem now .

She's using oil ......

What should I look for ? Valve seals , or Pistonring failure ???

stage 1 is going nicely , as is the full Hmf system I installed last month , Before Rolling the quad twice and breaking my collarbone and tearing al the ligaments in my right Knee and twisting my ankle . .... Doc says no riding for 3 months ........:( :( :(

But the oil issue , puts me off riding altogether .Smokes straight after you back off the throttle .

Guys ?? Gp Racer ? Help .