PDA

View Full Version : can banshees be made good trail bikes?

klutchbuster250
04-08-2007, 06:06 PM
im inm the market for a banshee and i wanted to know if they are decent trail bikes or can they be made a good trail bike, iv ridden hevbaly moded banshees on the street and im thinking the power will be to much in trails ? wut do u guys think

97blaster200
04-08-2007, 06:19 PM
uhh....i ride trails with my bike everytime i go riding. mine is mostly stock. it overheated once but thats because we were making new trails...the trails that were there already, we kept moving and it was fine.

firefighterjosh
04-08-2007, 06:37 PM
I raced mine XC. It over heated f I was not moving at a decent clip. I guess you can install PC fans and it helps the problem I just never did it. It is a decent trail machine stock. There are a few threads in this banshee section that have some good tips:D

TXATVRIDER
04-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Mine is mostly stock right now never had a problem with it over heating or anything like that. Went a few weeks ago down some dirt trails and had a blast.

banchee dave
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
mine isn't anywhere near stock except maybe the .25 overbore but thats where it ends. I run mine in trails all the time and I did overheat once or twice but it was well into high 90's outside. I'm planning to run engine ice this summer so that should help. buy it and have fun, they are a handful and that's why I bought mine!

EX lvr
04-10-2007, 06:12 PM
only time you need to worry about overheating is when your waiting up for the 4-pokes :D ......ive mostly ridden my banshee on trails and its just more shifting to keep it in the powerband.

TWILES
04-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I rode mine on the trails at Turkey Bay in LBL here in Kentucky a lot when it was stock and it did fine. Stock, they don't have much low-end so you have to stay on the clutch and keep it around half throttle. Monster hills that don't alow a lot of speed are not going to be easy. They will climb as long as you can keep them in the power though. A good "Banshee" rider with a good exhaust, plenty of air going in and a carb kit can do anything a sport ATV can do with a Banshee motorwise. You can creep around in 2nd gear just like you can on a thumper or hammer it and fly. They are not bad "all-around" bikes if you have a good place to ride. If the main places you have to ride are heavily wooded, you'd be better off with a 450.

KeHall
04-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I ride mine on trails I dropped down to a 12 tooth front sproket and made more easy in the woods dont have to shift so much i lost som top end but in the woods u dont need alot of top end

firefighterjosh
04-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by KeHall
I ride mine on trails I dropped down to a 12 tooth front sproket and made more easy in the woods dont have to shift so much i lost som top end but in the woods u dont need alot of top end

When I dropped mine down a tooth I had to shift more:confused: