PDA

View Full Version : Killswitch givin me a fight......

coolguy8769
04-08-2007, 01:23 PM
alright well everything on my rebuild works fine. During my last race at budds creek i noticed my killswitch wasnt doing anything!! (jordan was there, i was laughin at it for no reason)

now i have the "baldwin wiring kit" for the yfz. I thought it might be the ground on the killswitch since the frame is powdercoated, i filed alittle off and no effect... it'll run but wont shut off when the killswitch is pulled out

any help?

you think that it just wont ground? i dont know exactly how the killswitch works

400eXr1d3rZ
04-08-2007, 01:56 PM
I think you have to get to the bare-metal to ground it.

KH426
04-08-2007, 03:29 PM
take the switch apart and clean the contacts.

jherbie28
04-08-2007, 05:06 PM
do what he says. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa good luck man

AtvMxRider
04-08-2007, 05:08 PM
What kind is it?

JRP
04-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
alright well everything on my rebuild works fine. During my last race at budds creek i noticed my killswitch wasnt doing anything!! (jordan was there, i was laughin at it for no reason)

now i have the "baldwin wiring kit" for the yfz. I thought it might be the ground on the killswitch since the frame is powdercoated, i filed alittle off and no effect... it'll run but wont shut off when the killswitch is pulled out

any help?

you think that it just wont ground? i dont know exactly how the killswitch works

lmfao, that was hallarious. u were like "jordan, look at this." and it didnt do chit:p i thought it was the ground but i guess now. pull it apart and clean the contacts, like said above. thats hwta i had to do with my prodesign, but so far with my gunnar it kicksass!!!

coolguy8769
04-08-2007, 05:24 PM
alright i took it apart and its clean as a whistle, how can i test if its grounding? ground it to a cinderblock?

its a prodesign, jordan how much did yours cost?

AtvMxRider
04-08-2007, 05:32 PM
alright i took it apart and its clean as a whistle, how can i test if its grounding? ground it to a cinderblock?

Pro designs are junk. I have had 3 of them and had nothing but trouble with them

JRP
04-08-2007, 05:46 PM

yea jerry couldnt of said it better. my gunnar was 45, but that was cuz i was at the track(lake sugar tree) when mine stopped working, so you can prob get it cheaper somewehre else.

AtvMxRider
04-08-2007, 05:54 PM
I have a pro armor on my son's 300ex and it seems to do pretty good.

speedy
04-10-2007, 12:45 AM
get you a proarmor with the wiring kit its a nice set up in my opinion.:cool:

400exrider707
04-10-2007, 06:31 AM
The pro designs I have seem to need to be cleaned out on the inside more often, and I can never seem to get the tether to pull out when I need it to. Last time I fell off it ripped my belt loop on my carharts and also completely ripped the metal attachment piece, yet the tether stayed attached to the killswitch and my wheeler kept chugging along in third gear....

The pro-armor seems like a cheaper version of the pro-design except with a nice T handle, however they seem to pull out too easy.