PDA

View Full Version : '41 ford willys pickup truck

trick250r
04-08-2007, 12:34 PM
ok guys, heres the deal. my honda prelude blew up a while ago so i was thinking that i really need a truck and id like to build one. one of our family friends is a mechanic that runs a junkyard and he has a nice collection of mustangs (him being a ford guy) with some engines with potential so i would pretty much have the drivetrain part covered... 351 Cleveland's, Boss 302's, Boss 429's. you get the point. ive been looking around and from what i can find, you can pick up a fiberglass '41 ford willys pickup body pretty cheap. im just a little confused about what frame to put it all on. one of the places ive seen had plans for an s-10 frame. wouldnt this be a little to weak for a 429? as far as interior, i was going to go pretty simple. no power windows, no power locks... just the gauges, a roll cage, and racing seats. i know i do have enough money to do this project because ill have the engine, frame, and some other misc parts after i give the prelude to the guy that owns the junkyard. (im sure of this, he said because its me he'd give me fair trade on any engine and frame for my car) im just not too sure how to go about it. basically, i want to build something that i would drive everyday, be able to put a quad in the back (yea it would be 2wd but i can deal with that) and not worry about it like i would if i owned a classic car. any suggestions? do you guys think it would be too much trouble (ive been in a shop since i was born but ive never built anything from the ground up except a quad)? just any info would be helpful. thanks guys.

Hondadudeehhhh
04-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Thats probably not something you're going to want to rely on to drive everyday. Trust me, its going to be more money than you think too. You are better off getting what you can for the prelude and picking up an 80s or early 90s half ton or mid size pick up.