PDA

View Full Version : are you happy with the kfx450

honda450rider33
04-08-2007, 10:58 AM
i was debating between the honda 450, the suzuki 450 and the kawasaki 450 do you like the kawi

07250ex
04-08-2007, 11:56 AM
The yfz(yamaha 450 lol) is the best out of the four

mineralgrey01gt
04-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 07250ex
The yfz(yamaha 450 lol) is the best out of the four

ehh i rode them, they are impressive but i like the looks of the suzuki the best and it looks like it is a lot better for the riding style i wanna go with on a stock bike. I say if you can ride each one and see which is the most fitting for you

07250ex
04-08-2007, 12:02 PM
whats your riding style and btw how can you not think the yfz looks sweet

mineralgrey01gt
04-08-2007, 12:08 PM
oh i like the way they look, im just talking about out of the box as far as looks i like the ltr better. Im more into mx than trails and such. Im buying a ltr next week. My friends also have yfz's and hondas so i didnt want something they had. Plus I dont need reverse (which is nice to have) since itll be on the track mostly.

LRD450R
04-08-2007, 05:59 PM
you all should go with the honda if you are in woods racing and I thank they look better.

SpeedBump
04-08-2007, 06:12 PM
For appearances...the Yam looks the best. Not the blue ones....LOL!

I really dislike my Kaw's headlights and I wish it has ALL green plastics. The black fenders...well to be honest...not cool. I will be buying new all green as soon as somebody starts building them...yes, they will someday, they HAVE TO.... :p
As far as how it rides, handles and such. Very nice. With a pipe and some minor mods it will RIP for sure. Toss on a set of wider offset wheels and tires...I think it will be the best handling quad out there. I have friends with all the others and have ridden them all...lots of time on each one. The Kaw just FEELS planted. Not at all tippy, even for being only 46 wide.

The Honda...great bike....but fairly blah looking stock.

Zuki, I like it...but is a Suzuki! :devil:

I don't think you can go wrong with any one of the new 4Fiddies. Just get what makes you happy. We all have opinions and likes and dislikes...just go with your gut!

:blah:

honda450rider33
04-08-2007, 06:47 PM
i dont really like the honda or the yamaha because the honda has had to many recals and my buddy just bought a yfz in febuary and the jetting was so far off it would barley run it was so rich and the suzuki is having problems with the cases, i personaly like the suzuki the best but i am not sure

SRH
04-08-2007, 07:11 PM
i have alot of time on the yfz but the ltr felt like with suspension setup equal to my yfz it would be easier to go fast on, the power was super smooth and plentiful, instant throttle response and the seating was very similar to my yfz, the honda is good too, but i just like the lighter more flickable feel of my yfz, if i go to buy another quad its gonan be green or yellow unless yamaha and honda step up

chipworkz
04-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I really like my KFX and took it out for a desert trip this weekend.
I am very happy with my purchase.
Look at the Ride reports thread for more details.

Varmit57
04-09-2007, 10:53 AM
If you start nitpick'n you can find something wrong with every one out there..

I had a TRX, have lots of friends that ride YFZ's, A good pal just got a new LTR and now I got the KFX.

If you want to race MX out of the box the LTR hands down.

If you want to race XC out of the box the KFX!

The YFZ had a ton of Horse power but not all usable.

The Honda is lacking on power bit but is very smooth and usable.

Both the TRX, KFX and the YFZ need lots of mods for MX.

The days of carberated motors is fading, that is the main reason that I finally sold my Honda. Some day when they build one I'll go back.