PDA

View Full Version : End of Carmichael!

mikeB
04-08-2007, 10:24 AM
I just finished watchin AMA and they were saying Carmichael is hangin up his helmet.
Is there gonna be any good compition for Stewart? now that Carmichaels gone?

AMA will never be the same without Carmichael % Stewart battling it out for the #1 spot

FreekShow
04-08-2007, 10:32 AM
he hung it up a few races ago, basically Reed is all thats left for competion for bubba. bubba has been crazy fast all year.

04-08-2007, 10:54 AM
racing hasnt been the same since mccgrath retired. Thats when i stoped watching

Hammer trx450r
04-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
racing hasnt been the same since mccgrath retired. Thats when i stoped watching

:huh

esr250r86
04-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, Bubba is the real deal. There really is no one that can keep up to his pace in racing other than carmichael who is now gone so basically he is going to win with no competition really unless he wrecks and he will still then probably get first anyway. The guy is just fast.

400EXtreme
04-08-2007, 11:05 AM
i wish pastrana kept racing i love watching him ride.

Ruby Soho
04-08-2007, 11:11 AM
carmichael was bubba's only challenge.. with ricky gone bubba's gonna win without effort

quad2xtreme
04-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme

Me too...even if he wasn't the fastest...he was one of the most exciting guys to watch.

troyleepred719
04-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Im not so sure I want to watch racing anymore. Theres no challenge for Bubba, except reed. I do enjoy watching the 250fs though, its always a good race with Pourcel and Vilipoto. Kinda wish Allesi would move up to the 250s and Pourcel and Vilipoto would move up with Stewart, that would be some interesting racing........

mx428
04-08-2007, 05:57 PM
RC announced this would be his last season midway through outdoors, but anyway. Bubba is going to blow away outdoors beings that Reed is Supercross only now. RC will race a few nationals but not a full schedule or enough to make the points anywhere near interesting. Lites racing will be rediculous though once they get outdoors, Hepler, Grant, Villopoto, Lawrence, Weimer, Morias, Dungey, Hahn, Townley, Lange, Macfarlane, all those guys are capable of taking the series. Should be very interesting.

suzukigirl
04-08-2007, 06:49 PM
theres no competition now for the championship..stewart will win....hopefully reed will step up his game and make the races more interesting to watch

honda4life72
04-08-2007, 07:01 PM
i like watching ferry:p

firefighterjosh
04-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I thought Carmichael was going to nascar:confused:

troyleepred719
04-08-2007, 07:27 PM
RC is going to be racing Craftsman Truck Series...

Pappy
04-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
Im not so sure I want to watch racing anymore. Theres no challenge for Bubba,

lol..i always watch bubba just see him get a giant lead only to plant himself over a jump. nothing like being one of the best riders ever and crash like some damn rookie infront of the world.

troyleepred719
04-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol..i always watch bubba just see him get a giant lead only to plant himself over a jump. nothing like being one of the best riders ever and crash like some damn rookie infront of the world.

this is true.....cant remember what track it was, maybe dallas, bubba got a nasty lead on RC only to face plant into the side of a boat..........was it the pressure? lol

AtvMxRider
04-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
this is true.....cant remember what track it was, maybe dallas, bubba got a nasty lead on RC only to face plant into the side of a boat..........was it the pressure? lol

RC is the one that almost hit the boat not Bubba

Tommy 17
04-08-2007, 08:08 PM
i'll post this in here...

did anyone see the new spy photos of the 08s on transworld? honda yammy suzuki all have EFI and look nice... the new rmz450 looks really badarse!

troyleepred719
04-08-2007, 08:15 PM
my bad, come to think of it, it was, sorry for the misleading info.......

guess im not perfect....lol

rollie
04-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme

Idk i think he likes freestyle alot more, he was at the southwick nat and he was doing decent but then he pulled over to watch ricky and bubba battle, that was a great race, it was so cool being there with everyone screaming, nothing like it IMO:cool:

my88r
04-08-2007, 08:29 PM
rc has just been lucky with all that happened to him. buba should be dead for the way he rides wide open rideing way over the top of his head. i use to keep up with racing but i dont care any more.

QUADROOKIE
04-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Maybe now GNCC will start getting the recognition it deserves.:D

bradley300
04-09-2007, 07:10 AM
do the outdoors come on tv, or just the supercross?

my88r
04-09-2007, 08:31 AM
when supercross is over yes

Hammer trx450r
04-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by my88r
rc has just been lucky with all that happened to him. buba should be dead for the way he rides wide open rideing way over the top of his head. i use to keep up with racing but i dont care any more.

Ricky the greatest of all time Ricky? Lucky?

Stewart the points leader? Not consistant?

Is everybody talking about Supercross?

trx400EXtreme
04-09-2007, 04:01 PM
IMO watching supercroos is gonna be way to predictable. i'll just stick to the lights class.

BuB400
04-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Last time I saw Travis race, he tries pullin' a backflip across the start/finish. SWEET.

mx428
04-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
do the outdoors come on tv, or just the supercross? Outdoors will air on Speed (I think) Starting with Hangtown sometime in late May.

161xchonda
04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know what outdoors Ricky is doing?

450rJam
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
bubba will have it for a couple years but there are a few young guys comming up that look like they may be pretty good. hard to tell until they get in the big time.

insaneracin2003
04-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by mx428
Lites racing will be rediculous though once they get outdoors, Hepler, Grant, Villopoto, Lawrence, Weimer, Morias, Dungey, Hahn, Townley, Lange, Macfarlane, all those guys are capable of taking the series. Should be very interesting.
I agree 100% about the outdoor season in the Lites class,It will be awsome!!
The end of this Supercross season in the Lites class is shaping up to be a fans dream ending. With only 6 or 7 points being decide from 1st-3rd going into the last round has got me excited. Morias really has to step-it-up for the last round cause Townley and Lange are coming on strong.
On the Bubba/RC thing,in my opinion,Bubba is faster the RC,he just has a problem keeping the bike on 2 wheels. Yeah RC is amazing and i think his retirement came at a perfect time,but in all retrospect,Bubba caould beat him on any giving day in Supercross,the outdoor season is a different story,RC is just balls out fast and anyone would have a problem keeping up with him.
On Reed,He just is not fast enough,he doesn't ride,IMO,to his limits for the full race like Bubba and RC did/does. And what happened to Windham????? I love to watch him ride,I don;t understand what happened to him this year.I hope he kicks *** in the Outdoor season!!! GO Whindham!!!!

Creech52
04-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Well from the looks of it Bubba isnt fast hes just stupid. Riding at full throttle until you either win or wreck. Anyone can do that. Ricky is probably trying not to make the mistake McGrath made...Getting out when your still winning. McGrath is still the best though...call me ignorant but thats how I feel.

insaneracin2003
04-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Bubba will mature though,just like RC did. Remember when RC came to the 250 (supercross class)? He was riding the same as Bubba is now,he has come a long way and so will Bubba.
I agree with you on McGrath,awsome!!!!!

Creech52
04-10-2007, 09:11 AM
I dunno about that. when RC came to the 250s he was basically a train wreck, be it nerves or just trying way too hard. He wasnt all that fast and made alot of mistakes and wrecked alot. Bubba, is pretty much on his game, as far as skills go but hes just not riding smart. Although he will probably start to get tired of wrecking and will start to either be fast and smart or be slow and smart. Like I said anyone can jump on a bike, pin it, and win. But not everytime. At least bubba has the expeirience and the skill to be competitive. I just think he wouldnt be as competitive as he is if he rode smarter, but at the same time winning championships is more about being consistent and not about being the fastest out everytime, but being fast every time while still finishing. Best example Nascar...You can be a constant top ten finisher and still win the championship, even if you never won. I dont blame McGrath on leaving because he wasnt fast anymore either. I blame it on equipment and teams. I mean how many years on a CR was he winning. Then he jumped to suzuki and it all fell apart. Then he got on the YZ and started making improvements, but then retired. I would have really liked to see him work with the KTM for awhile I think it would have proved to be worth it. But I cant say it would have happend a year, and thats its he wasnt getting any younger, too little too late.

Warnerade
04-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by BuB400
Last time I saw Travis race, he tries pullin' a backflip across the start/finish. SWEET. it was sweet until he cased it and AMA threatened to pull his pro license is her ever tried something like that again.

Live2Ride300
04-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I don't follow supercross a whole lot, but the other night I was watching a race on Speed, I think it may have been the last one RC raced. Anyways, watching bubba hit the whoops and gain 2 - 3 bike lengths on RC was pretty wild. You guys saying he's nuts, are also nuts, watch the way he attacks the track and picks lines. For some reason he's able to go alot faster and hold on longer, I wonder what it is?

ATC_KING
04-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Stewart is way faster than carmichael. he might not be a consistant but any that can go from last any pass 5+ people a lap and end up in 2nd he gets my vote.

my88r
04-10-2007, 01:40 PM
hes faster because hes riding way over his

Hammer trx450r
04-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Its progression of the sport. Ricky crashed alot when he started too but now he is GOAT.

You dont just choose to go full throttle crazy its not how it works. He is pushing to an area noone has gone before, he has nothing to go off of, there will be a bobble here and there but when your going as fast as him it looks alot worse. The kid is respected by Ricky so hes ok by me.

Now Chad is wicked fast and noone can say he isnt. If James wasnt around right now, Chad would be the man.

JMHO

insaneracin2003
04-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r

Now Chad is wicked fast and noone can say he isnt. If James wasnt around right now, Chad would be the man.

JMHO
I agree that Reed is fast,he just seems to not go all-out during a complete moto,he will keep up with RC and Bubba then tend to fall off pace.

300exQuadracer
04-10-2007, 03:33 PM
i'd like to see Vuillemin, Byrne, Preston, and Voss do good this year seeing as they all lost their factory rides at the end of 06, kinda hard from a full ride to go back to a "privateer" again

ATC_KING
04-10-2007, 03:38 PM
but bubba does stuff that know one else does.

04-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by my88r
hes faster because hes riding way over his

sometimes you have to put "it" all out there to win or even to prove something....it shows me he isn't afraid...ummm like reed is....hey i ride, and let me tell you i don't do 100ft triples because of pure fear of not making it....bubba doesn't have that fear, and he also has the ability to do it!! the only person that can beat bubba is bubba. and as soon as he realizes that, the rest of the posers might as well not show up, because they don't have the ability to beat him. the only thing that really bothers me is that there never seems to be 2 or 3 of these types of guys that are around at their peak at the same time!! one always seems to be peaking when the others are on their down slope....JMO

04-10-2007, 06:30 PM
^^^good post

AtvMxRider
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
i'd like to see Vuillemin, Byrne, Preston, and Voss do good this year seeing as they all lost their factory rides at the end of 06, kinda hard from a full ride to go back to a "privateer" again

Vuillemin- lost his factory ride in 05
Byrne- I really like Byrne and he should have kept his or at least got another factory ride
Preston- Did nothing on 450's last year he deserved to be dropped
Voss-Should have never gotten a factory ride to begin with. There is alot of other riders out there that deserved one before him

Seano300ex
04-10-2007, 08:50 PM
I dont even think its that fun to watch anymore because bubba has no comp. from anyone but reed, i dont see why carmicheal stopped racing-he still finished 2nd at that florida race a couple weeks back

flyboy62
04-11-2007, 09:30 AM
i would really like to see timmy ferry win a main event!

AtvMxRider
04-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Seano300ex
I dont even think its that fun to watch anymore because bubba has no comp. from anyone but reed, i dont see why carmicheal stopped racing-he still finished 2nd at that florida race a couple weeks back

Because he has nothing else to prove. He is going on to another challenge.

ATC_KING
04-11-2007, 01:21 PM
reed is good at the "start" but that dont win races. hey Seano300ex so if someone gave you tickets you wouldnt take them?

300exQuadracer
04-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Vuillemin- lost his factory ride in 05
Byrne- I really like Byrne and he should have kept his or at least got another factory ride
Preston- Did nothing on 450's last year he deserved to be dropped
Voss-Should have never gotten a factory ride to begin with. There is alot of other riders out there that deserved one before him

Preston is a deffinate this year, he was out front in anaheim (sp) and hope to see him out front later on in the season

AtvMxRider
04-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
Preston is a deffinate this year, he was out front in anaheim (sp) and hope to see him out front later on in the season

Deffinate what? Mid pack rider at best? He was out front at Anaheim and how many races have they run? I'm sorry but there are alot better riders our there that deserve a factory ride more.

BlasterRacer26
04-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Jermey McGrath is following Charmichels footsteps into stock cars, he signed a deal with Dale Earnhardt Jrs team.

JR Motorsports Signs Jeremy McGrath: JR Motorsports is signing seven-time Supercross champion rider Jeremy McGrath to a developmental driver contract, with Monster Energy Drink as his primary sponsor, the SportsBusiness Journal reported. Like Supercross star Ricky Carmichael, who began driving for Ginn Racing last month, McGrath will run a series of late model races before potentially working his way into a Busch Series car. Monster Energy's sponsorship at JR Motorsports is expected to follow McGrath's progression.(SceneDaily.com)(4-10-2007)

04-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BlasterRacer26
Jermey McGrath is following Charmichels footsteps into stock cars, he signed a deal with Dale Earnhardt Jrs team.

JR Motorsports Signs Jeremy McGrath: JR Motorsports is signing seven-time Supercross champion rider Jeremy McGrath to a developmental driver contract, with Monster Energy Drink as his primary sponsor, the SportsBusiness Journal reported. Like Supercross star Ricky Carmichael, who began driving for Ginn Racing last month, McGrath will run a series of late model races before potentially working his way into a Busch Series car. Monster Energy's sponsorship at JR Motorsports is expected to follow McGrath's progression.(SceneDaily.com)(4-10-2007)

just goes to show that you really only have to have the money to race nascar, no real car racing ability...:devil: