PDA

View Full Version : bogging

400exrapes
04-07-2007, 11:18 PM
i jetted my quad and i havent checked the plug since but today it was colder then a week ago when i rode my quad all day and i didnt really let my quad warm up and i took it for a spin down my neighborhood and on the way back it was boggin at half throttle. i dont understand how i rode it for a whole day and it was perfect and now its bogging what could the problem be, i will check the plug in the morning also. any help would be great thanks

gilliam2364
04-07-2007, 11:46 PM
i had the same problem, and i was grtting to much gas to mine. i had the wrong jet in. i dont know if thats your problem, but its a start.

mod440ex
04-07-2007, 11:50 PM
check to make sure your snorkel didnt fall off the carb, i had that problem and it had just come off

Honda#4
04-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Thats the wonders of jetting, one day your jetting is perfect and the other it could be totally off by 2 mains.

Sounds like your main is rich.

400exrapes
04-08-2007, 10:17 AM
alright ill check the snorkel and it does sound rich but its so weird it was way hotter that day and when i started it up a week later it rode fine one run and then just bogged. im hoping its not another new jet its at a 152 and a 40 with a slip on pipe so its got to be real close cause i ran a 152 and a 42 for a whole week everyday and that was fine.

mod440ex
04-08-2007, 10:43 AM
the jets sound fine to me, i would make sure that your carb and snorkel arent leaking

Kaleigh
04-08-2007, 02:08 PM
have you checked to see if the choke is half open.. boggin when giving it throttle is usually being rich.. also if you dont let it warm up it will bog out at times..

oh and check to see if you have a dirty filter or a weak spark..

400exrapes
04-08-2007, 11:21 PM
plug is all black, means rich i know. thanks for helping kaleigh and mod440ex that was what i was looking for but im pretty sure its the main jet. all along i have been changing the pilot jet when i was just informed it only controls idleing. so my maint jet must be a size off, i might order a k&n air filter with an outerwear cause if im a jet too big then maybe the air filter will match it up good.