PDA

View Full Version : Question about works tripple rates

luvmyex
10-09-2002, 06:44 PM
Arer the standard works tripple rates adjustable at all???I dont mean to sound like a idiot but is the spring adjustable or anything on them?

400exBro
10-09-2002, 06:59 PM
yup the preload, allowing you to either have a stiff spring setting rough ride on mx or a soft spring seting were u might bottoom out on big jumps, there is a sweet spot but riding styles may differ so you can adjust it to how you like the ride.
good luck
Bro

luvmyex
10-10-2002, 08:36 PM
OK can someone tell me how to adjust em then.I have a set and there nothing like the stock shock adjustment.Only place i see is on the top and it dont really look adjustable.Ive put on a few pounds sence i quit smoking now im bottoming out my shocks.

433rd
10-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Push down on the upper tower above the spring, you will see many groves and a ring (like the ring on your axle that locks it on). Push down, move the ring to adjust stiffer or softer.

400exBro
10-11-2002, 05:19 AM
yup that is it.

Bro

10-11-2002, 06:29 AM
the guys are right,,get the quad's front end off the ground,,have a buddy with ya to pull the spring's down so you can see the clip,,I"d move it one notch at a time and test it..

Congrats on given up the smokes..;)

2000ex
10-11-2002, 08:36 AM
I have adjusted my works with essentially SSD or ZPS by taking the top preload clip and raising it. I have them adjusted so I can take the bottom retaining clip out by compressing the springs by bare hand. I also removed a few spacers so the top springs will sag more before they cross over.

This has resulted in a much plusher ride, and had a significant impact on lowering my ride height. For my type of trail riding these perform great for me. I think Works makes great shocks for the $$, but can be sprung very heavy. My next step is getting some Elka or works light top springs to experiment with so I can convert them to a true SSD.

luvmyex
10-11-2002, 09:20 AM
THanks for the help guys.If it stops raining today i may get out there and play with it some and see what i can do.
Rico,iwonder if it was worth it at times,i quit cause of the price now there cheaper than when i quit plus ive gained like 30 pds.i couldnt belive it when i got on the scales the other night.I could stand a few pounds but damn!

luvmyex
10-15-2002, 02:50 PM
well i just moved em down one click and waht a differance.Thanks for the info.

Glamis400ex
10-15-2002, 06:32 PM
Hey luvmyex,

I just quit smoking like 2 months ago also. I smoked for 17 years. I know all too well about the weight gaining thing. I gained like 15 pounds since I quit. Oh well, my wife says she'd rather have me a few pounds heavier than still be smoking.:D

Be strong, don't re-start.

Glamis