PDA

View Full Version : I hate my quad right now!!!!!

jokester
04-07-2007, 10:10 PM
well long story short I keep having electrical problems and I keep on fixing em, but I'm to the point where I'm getting pretty Damn sick of this. cause once again everything on my quad just went out, and I have no power to anything, no lights, no starter, not even my neutral, and I can't even pop start it....

ohh and btw its an 03 400ex..... so is there anyway that I could put the bottom end of an xr400 motor on my top end now, to make it a kick start and then just take off everything electrical, except for just the lights? or is that even possible?

400exrapes
04-07-2007, 11:20 PM
well i can understand how your getting agrivated. i put a new plug into my quad and randomly my neutral light worked. maybe a new batter you need? otherwise go off some of the other guys ideas just givin u something to start out with

81 clark racing
04-08-2007, 07:41 AM
does it blown a fuse when you put on your lights? if so your problem is right at the back off the head lights where those 2 black rubber boots are take the hole headlight asslyembly out pull back the black boots and youl see where the rubber on the wire has worn away from the helement holder or that lil metal bracket that its against it just bend that bracket out off the way and get a new wireing harnnes or just patch the worn spot ( what ive done on 5 quads) and your good to go.

DF400ex
04-08-2007, 04:30 PM
just buy a whole wiring harness on ebay. That might work, then atleast if it continued you know it's not your wiring.

jokester
04-08-2007, 09:29 PM
wel it turned out that one of my connections broke and another one was loose so I fixed em both and now once again its running strong!!:D

04-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by jokester
wel it turned out that one of my connections broke and another one was loose so I fixed em both and now once again its running strong!!:D

You should bend the front break line bracket by the stem backwords. If you dont bend it now then lator on down the road you will have more elec problumes.

Gray33
04-09-2007, 09:21 AM
get it to work for one day and sell it and then buy a 450-r