PDA

View Full Version : running to lean?

450RACER1
04-07-2007, 07:46 PM
i have an 05 trx450r i put the hrc kit in it, a velocity air filter and a motoworks SRC4 exhaust and it seems like its running hot anyone know what it should be jetted at or if this is normal?

Johnny B
04-08-2007, 04:00 PM
frist is first, what is your jetting right now and whats your temperature, and why do you think that its running hot

450RACER1
04-08-2007, 05:17 PM
i have the hrc kit and that came with a jet kit i didnt put it in so i dont know what it is , i dont know my temp i dont even know how to check but i put this pipe on and the header instantly turned blue and there is a ton of heat coming of the pipe also the thing glows bright ornge

LRD450R
04-08-2007, 05:36 PM
I ant never hard of any botys pipe geeting that hot before

TurboScooter
04-15-2007, 09:34 PM
ya i noticed the other night i had my bike out and it was pretty dark and it was glowing orange. Is it normal to get that hot? The only reason i noticed was because it was so dark though i wouldnt have seen it any other way. If its not normal what does this mean?

04450rrider
04-17-2007, 04:23 PM
I called my HOnda dealer and they said the the temperature of the pipe right next to the head should be between 1100-1200 degees.

zeus54
04-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 450RACER1
i have the hrc kit and that came with a jet kit i didnt put it in so i dont know what it is , i dont know my temp i dont even know how to check but i put this pipe on and the header instantly turned blue and there is a ton of heat coming of the pipe also the thing glows bright ornge

INSTALL THE MAIN JET,,,,,,IT MIGHT HELP;)
WHO INSTALLED THE "KIT"

450RACER1
04-17-2007, 06:11 PM
i had tousely motorsports do it and they did give me a needle back but that is it also the only time i noticed my pipe being orange was at night also but when i put the exhaust on it turned blue right away i was wondering why t did that plus i can feel alot of heat coming off the motor now that i put the pipe on

zeus54
04-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 450RACER1
i had tousely motorsports do it and they did give me a needle back but that is it also the only time i noticed my pipe being orange was at night also but when i put the exhaust on it turned blue right away i was wondering why t did that plus i can feel alot of heat coming off the motor now that i put the pipe on

now i could be stepping on a mine field by saying this but i believe the hrc head pipe is thinner in material and is larger

i've had my hmf system on not long at first it glowed but after a couple of rides it doesn't get so bright. could be the mud stains:D

but still you could be running lean if they didn't change the main jet also

slower speeds are going to generate more heat especially if you are 'lugging' a gear down

450RACER1
04-17-2007, 08:25 PM
well i have a full exhaust system that i put on so its not the hrc hear pipe and the pipe turned colors right after i rode it for the first time on the pavement so i dont know what is going on:mad: