PDA

View Full Version : 450R Shock Adjustment

bigred2004
04-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I might be stupid... but I just got an 07 450R and I need to soften my suspension and I haven't got a Manual yet so I have NO idea how to adjust it. I want it to be semi-stiff when I land so I dont bottom out, but I just want a little softer ride. It barely quats at all when I sit on it. Any help please??? I dont know whether to adjust the shock setting or the spring setting. :confused:

sportrax stu
04-08-2007, 03:39 PM
just turn the knob on the gas resivior, i think it's clockwise to harden and anticlockwise to soften
hope this helps

bigred2004
04-08-2007, 05:33 PM
I figured out that much, but is the screw in the middle there as a Lock or what?? On the rear adjustment, the screw clicks..... Im still lost.

4TraxRider
04-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Your compression adjuster clicks so you can count how many clicks from full soft or stiff. It's handy when you make a lot of adjustments and you know where stock was or what worked best at a certain tracks.

To adjust the shocks compression softer, you turn the adjustment screws counterclockwise. You can also soften the spring rate by turning the preload rings counterclockise while looking down on them.
Here's a pretty detailed write up on them.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252787