PDA

View Full Version : trouble with new tires!!! Help me please!

yellow400ex05
04-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Well i just got my new tires delivered on Friday and now after i had them put on one tire won't hold air. Theres a indent on the side of the tire which is allowing with air to pass right through to it. I've put my weight on it and had two people try to get it to seal but it wouldn't seal. I had the air compressor tank up to 100 PSI. Tell me what could be wrong or if there is a good trick on getting the tires to keep the air from passing through. I've tried a crowbar but the tire would go right back to its old position, although i did make it stay forward a little bit better.

troyleepred719
04-07-2007, 05:28 PM
try putting bead sealer on both sides of the rim between the bead and the rims, also, take the valve out, and blow air into it until the bead pops back, than let the air out, and blow back up to the right amount.

05Z400rdr
04-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I use dish washing soap put on around the bead and it seats right on usually with no problem. try that out. hope it helps.

Landon

yellow400ex05
04-07-2007, 05:50 PM
the air compressor just doesn't have enough force to make the tire fill up fast enough for it to make the bead go all the way on. The other side of the tire the bead is all the way on. I think the valve could be bad but it was fine before i had the tires put on, and they had air put into it when i got them back...

m.h.s.c.#527
04-07-2007, 05:51 PM
if this doesnt work take it to a tire shop they deffinitely can help

05Z400rdr
04-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by yellow400ex05
the air compressor just doesn't have enough force to make the tire fill up fast enough for it to make the bead go all the way on. The other side of the tire the bead is all the way on. I think the valve could be bad but it was fine before i had the tires put on, and they had air put into it when i got them back...

100 PSI should be WAY more than you need to get the bead seated. Let all of the air out of the tire and smother the bead in dish washing soap or anything slippery like that and try it again, and it should go on a LOT easier!

troyleepred719
04-07-2007, 06:04 PM
half dish soap half water works, ive even used laundry detergent when i had nothing else. pump your tire up all the way, maybe a few pounds over, and put the soap mixture around the bead to sheck for bubbles....also, replace the valve inside the valve stem....

yellow400ex05
04-07-2007, 06:08 PM
how hard is it to replace a valve stem. how much do they cost?

Aceman
04-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Save yourself the headache and pay the tire shop $10 to do it.

yamaha250f
04-07-2007, 06:50 PM
well my friend had to put some tires on some rims and a lil bit of carb cleaner around the bead then toss a match on it, it will pop like 6 ft in the air but the bead normaly seats itself

troyleepred719
04-07-2007, 07:06 PM
you can replace the valve inside the valve stem for about 20 cents lol you can get them in like packs of 20 for $2.00 or you can go to a parts shop and buy a valve for 1.50 and put them in. You will have to take the tire off for the valve stem though. id try the other tricks before the valve stem.

JW450R1
04-08-2007, 04:55 AM
Try removing the valve stem to get more air threw the stem it's self.If it still dosent seat,thenget a rubber mallit, and tapp on the side wal with some lube around the bead area.

esr250r86
04-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
if this doesnt work take it to a tire shop they deffinitely can help Yeah, thats what I would do if this doesnt work.

400exrider707
04-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Remove the valve stem core with the tool or a thin pair of needle nose pliers. Apply lube inside all over and let it get to the bead. Apply lube to the outside on the bead too. Now use the air hose with no attachment on it and put it on your valve stem, should fill up a lot faster than before and hopefully pop it on. You might need to run a ratchet strap around the tire too.

400EXTRA
04-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
try putting bead sealer on both sides of the rim between the bead and the rims, also, take the valve out, and blow air into it until the bead pops back, than let the air out, and blow back up to the right amount.
one of my tires came like that befor all i did was put bead sealer and it worked perfect

yellow400ex05
04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
thanks for the help guys! i found out what was wrong with it. the damn guy at the shop tore the freaking bead in my tire down to the metal and ruined it. He probably wasn't using a tire iron like he was supposed to.:mad:

tar
04-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by yellow400ex05
thanks for the help guys! i found out what was wrong with it. the damn guy at the shop tore the freaking bead in my tire down to the metal and ruined it. He probably wasn't using a tire iron like he was supposed to.:mad:

Is he replacing the tire??

yellow400ex05
04-09-2007, 03:44 PM
yea

strnge
04-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by yamaha250f
well my friend had to put some tires on some rims and a lil bit of carb cleaner around the bead then toss a match on it, it will pop like 6 ft in the air but the bead normaly seats itself

:D :D :D

In Alaska we do something similar. We use LYSOL. Just put your tire on the rim, set a couple of rocks or something on the ground evenly spaced out, put the rim and tire over the rocks(rocks should be touching the tires only) spray one lap around the tire (between the tire and rim) then spray one line down the side of the tire onto the ground. (only like 2 inches on the ground) Pull out your lighter and light the lysol at the ground AND HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! Tire sealed:D :D Make sure your looking away when you light the lysol.

It is the funniest thing to watch.