PDA

View Full Version : What National Class?

JRP
04-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Well april 27-29th im going to birch creek to race my first national race. I am doing C class, but i just noticed there is no 265 c class this year. I am doing production C and i want to do another class. I can hang with the D7 C class guys, and i am just as fast as michael rakes(points leader in d13) so i was wondering what other class i should run in C? Ive never been to birch, but i know the track isnt to tech or hard. Thanks you guys! ~Pepper~

Nick110
04-07-2007, 01:42 PM
womens b/c

coolguy8769
04-07-2007, 01:54 PM
lmao i think nicks got the right idea, just stick with one your gonna get wore out

JRP
04-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
womens b/c

haha funny guy.

vasura450
04-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Open C?...im sure they still have that.

JRP
04-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by vasura450
Open C?...im sure they still have that.

yea they do, but i herd open c is slower. i want a fast C class to get faster, so i didnt know if anyone knew which C classes were the fastest. thanks for your reply!

FHKracingZ
04-07-2007, 03:56 PM
265c = 450c

if ure not top 10 in C at local u will have a hard time qualifying for production C , trust me.

quadboy38
04-07-2007, 03:56 PM
you can ride 450 C

JRP
04-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
265c = 450c

if ure not top 10 in C at local u will have a hard time qualifying for production C , trust me.

well ive only raced 1 district race(my district) and that was the first race of the season, and i got 8th. But.... the guy that is in 1st place, im just as fast as him, so id be top 3 in my division. is it a hard class or not really?

AtvMxRider
04-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Ive never been to birch, but i know the track isnt to tech or hard. Thanks you guys! ~Pepper~

LMAO just wait. That place gets rough as hell. It also has one of the biggest jumps around 110 ft uphill triple

JRP
04-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
LMAO just wait. That place gets rough as hell. It also has one of the biggest jumps around 110 ft uphill triple

does it get as rough as budds? oh and i dont care about that tripple, i sure as hell aint hittin it jerry! hahaha

jrspawn
04-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Open C would bassically be for open class quads, something 451cc and up really. If i were you id run production c and 450 c. You will be surprised by how fast the C class is. Like someone already posted, if your not hualing and on top of your local class, your more than likely gonna have a hard time qualifying if there is a good turnout. But, i dont expect a big turnout at all there that weekend from what i hear with the WPSA going on also. But who knows. Best words of advice is to just go out and ride your best, and to not be surprised at the skill level and pace of other riiders in your class. ALOT of sandbaggers in the lower classes now days.

Justin

JRP
04-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Open C would bassically be for open class quads, something 451cc and up really. If i were you id run production c and 450 c. You will be surprised by how fast the C class is. Like someone already posted, if your not hualing and on top of your local class, your more than likely gonna have a hard time qualifying if there is a good turnout. But, i dont expect a big turnout at all there that weekend from what i hear with the WPSA going on also. But who knows. Best words of advice is to just go out and ride your best, and to not be surprised at the skill level and pace of other riiders in your class. ALOT of sandbaggers in the lower classes now days.

Justin

hey thanks alot justin!! that really helped me out man! yea i think ill do alright, i got my dad to let me off school on friday to go practice all day, then race saturday and sunday, so i hope i do alright. hell, there wont be any pros there sunday i bet, lol.

jrspawn
04-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah its really hard to say with the wpsa getting kicking off this year and the birch creek race also with turnouts. Youll like Birch though, one of my faorite tracks. Its got a nice long start, just watch for picking the inside gate, youll be running up into the embankment shortly after the start(which can be a fun ride:D ) The track has a very good pace for the most part also. Theres some decent tables in the back section, than i believe a step up in the middle, and than the finish line triple which youll be fine doubling. It gets blue grooved in certain sections and choppy in sections also, but all in all its still a great track. You should really like it though.

Justin

JRP
04-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Yeah its really hard to say with the wpsa getting kicking off this year and the birch creek race also with turnouts. Youll like Birch though, one of my faorite tracks. Its got a nice long start, just watch for picking the inside gate, youll be running up into the embankment shortly after the start(which can be a fun ride:D ) The track has a very good pace for the most part also. Theres some decent tables in the back section, than i believe a step up in the middle, and than the finish line triple which youll be fine doubling. It gets blue grooved in certain sections and choppy in sections also, but all in all its still a great track. You should really like it though.

Justin

alright thanks for the tips! i like blue grooved, expecially with my sx's! haha. thanks again!

AtvMxRider
04-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Birchcreek is has the same kind of soil as Actiontown and you have been there before

JRP
04-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Birchcreek is has the same kind of soil as Actiontown and you have been there before

alright gotcha. actiontowns soil is nice, i would now since i tasted it first hand:p jerry, u gonna be there?

D-7#61-450r
04-08-2007, 09:29 AM
If you really want a challange sign up for 16-24 class. Alot of fast people to challange your skills against. You will not be as fast as the top guys but people have bad days and you can see how you really rank among others.
Also there will most likely be a low turnout so 16-24 should be a larger class. Definatley run 2 classes or you will be standing around all day on sat. and sunday just waiting to ride again. Also 2 classes allows 6 practices on friday to become very familiar with the track.
Oh yeah like others said production classes are smoking fast! Nats. are not a district race, everyone is faster.
look at the schedual before you make your choice also you do not want back to back motos.

Rrider4life8
04-08-2007, 10:28 AM
nut up and run B

#88yfz
04-08-2007, 10:31 AM
i newthis would bring u out for few comments on easter #61 16-24 class yeah try that on for size!!! plenty of competion there glad im 30! Dont take the track that easy there is a nice elevator jump inthe back it requires some corner speeed and it gets pot holes that will scare u!!!

JRP
04-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
If you really want a challange sign up for 16-24 class. Alot of fast people to challange your skills against. You will not be as fast as the top guys but people have bad days and you can see how you really rank among others.
Also there will most likely be a low turnout so 16-24 should be a larger class. Definatley run 2 classes or you will be standing around all day on sat. and sunday just waiting to ride again. Also 2 classes allows 6 practices on friday to become very familiar with the track.
Oh yeah like others said production classes are smoking fast! Nats. are not a district race, everyone is faster.
look at the schedual before you make your choice also you do not want back to back motos.

thanks terry, helped me out alot. I am deffinately running two classes, but im unsure about 16-24. I was just looking, and like greg gee races that, and damn, he raced some pro races last year, and im only C class material:p so im not to sure what i should do. I deffinately want to do Production C and probably 450C. i guess im debating on doing 450c or 16-24. :confused:

rider4life: ahaha yea right, ive only raced 5times in my whole racing carrer, im not moving up untill they make me!:blah:

AtvMxRider
04-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by JRP
alright gotcha. actiontowns soil is nice, i would now since i tasted it first hand:p jerry, u gonna be there?

No I wanted to go but Justin is going to the My chemical romance concert that weekend :ermm:

JRP
04-08-2007, 12:53 PM
No I wanted to go but Justin is going to the My chemical romance concert that weekend :ermm:

ahhh damn:o

440racer66
04-08-2007, 04:08 PM
im running 4 stroke c and 450 c and maybe production c is that the one in danville if so you'll see me there ill be on a honda 450r its a john natalie bike soo yea # 13

440racer66
04-08-2007, 04:12 PM
o yea the 16 - 24 class is a a class im pretty shure

Warnerade
04-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
o yea the 16 - 24 class is a a class im pretty shure no its not...

Its pretty much the next step for A riders before they make the jump to pro-am...it is a VERY fast class and I would not suggest running it pepper.

D-7#61-450r
04-08-2007, 04:29 PM
with the wpsa I really expect a low turnout at birch creek, always low #"s before but the way everything looks this year I don't believe a whole lot of racers will be there. It's unfortunate becuase it is an awsime track, lots of speed and very quad friendly.
I did forget that last year 2 qualifiers for 16-24 and at least the first 6 in each class did the triple. On the other side you only get faster riding with faster people, and you will definately find out how you really stand running an age class.
88 will tell you that as well a few years ago we were both on the line in 25+ next to at least 6 nasty A guys that we new of, but I came out the holeshot in the top 5 both days and that was nice to know how my budget bike did next to built quads.

JRP
04-08-2007, 04:52 PM
with the wpsa I really expect a low turnout at birch creek, always low #"s before but the way everything looks this year I don't believe a whole lot of racers will be there. It's unfortunate becuase it is an awsime track, lots of speed and very quad friendly.
I did forget that last year 2 qualifiers for 16-24 and at least the first 6 in each class did the triple. On the other side you only get faster riding with faster people, and you will definately find out how you really stand running an age class.
88 will tell you that as well a few years ago we were both on the line in 25+ next to at least 6 nasty A guys that we new of, but I came out the holeshot in the top 5 both days and that was nice to know how my budget bike did next to built quads.

alright thanks terry. your one of the few that have seen me ride before, so do you think i should do 16-24 or no? im deffinately doing prod. c and 450c, but i might try 16-24 too, let me know what you think. thanks alot

D-7#61-450r
04-08-2007, 05:30 PM
If Chris runs 16-24 you have to. If luck is on your side you could bring it to him.

JRP
04-08-2007, 05:44 PM
If Chris runs 16-24 you have to. If luck is on your side you could bring it to him.

if luck is on my side, lol. :o :p

TWISTED
04-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Chris who???

AtvMxRider
04-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I still think he should run the womens class:macho

D-7#61-450r
04-08-2007, 06:14 PM
You know who I am talking about. I also know there is camping down in Danville. Chris can bring his tent. lol

TWISTED
04-08-2007, 06:15 PM
You know who I am talking about. I also know there is camping down in Danville. Chris can bring his tent. lol

The tent makers in action!!!!! I'll have to relay that message....

Nick110
04-08-2007, 07:23 PM
I still think he should run the womens class:macho

I agree.

I think 3 classes will be pretty hard, because it is a lot of riding.

JJs450r
04-09-2007, 08:01 AM
i shall be there probably gonna run open c (just cus its my frist nat) and production c just to step it up some hey i did win the atv-am nc state champion ship haha but got called a sandbagger for doing so :) but ya see ya there pepper keep a look out for my truck :)

JJs450r
04-09-2007, 08:15 AM
also you said leaving 27th for practice is that the only day for practice not sure if ill be able to get there on the 27th :-/

MX MaNiAc 06
04-09-2007, 08:22 AM
I think u should give B class a shot for a race. You should do alright as long as u arent making out with any trees..

JRP
04-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I think u should give B class a shot for a race. You should do alright as long as u arent making out with any trees..

haha ur funnyyyyy dan, lol. na i dont want to do B. i am doing C in d13 so i need to do C in the nats. plus i know the C class guys in the nats will be jus as hard as the B class guys in d13.

tw1976
04-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
i shall be there probably gonna run open c (just cus its my frist nat) and production c just to step it up some hey i did win the atv-am nc state champion ship haha but got called a sandbagger for doing so :) but ya see ya there pepper keep a look out for my truck :)

According to he rules you can't run Open C & Production C.

Open classes or for machines 451cc-open and production are for 450cc max. I know alot of people do run both but I have seen people disqualified for doing it.

If you are 450 or under you could run production C, 4 Stroke C, and 265 C or whatever the 265 classes are called this year.

JJs450r
04-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by tw1976
According to he rules you can't run Open C & Production C.

Open classes or for machines 451cc-open and production are for 450cc max. I know alot of people do run both but I have seen people disqualified for doing it.

If you are 450 or under you could run production C, 4 Stroke C, and 265 C or whatever the 265 classes are called this year.

thanks for the info now i want feel like a stupid stupid at my first nat :) haha

FourFiftyFour
04-10-2007, 03:21 PM
National tracks get awfully rough and they wear you out a lot worse than local tracks. I would recommend only running one class for your first time, especially since you have not had much racing experience. Running one class gives you a lot of seat time still and then still gives you time to go check everything else out.

Warnerade
04-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by FourFiftyFour
National tracks get awfully rough and they wear you out a lot worse than local tracks. I would recommend only running one class for your first time, especially since you have not had much racing experience. Running one class gives you a lot of seat time still and then still gives you time to go check everything else out. you must have some slow *** dirtbike riders in your local district races then.