PDA

View Full Version : Is my frame bent, Or something els??

Groves187
04-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Ok, So i was trying to adjust my shocks and get my 4 wheeler ready for riding and as i was setting up the preload on my front end i noticed the length of the springs were different. I would lift the front end off the ground take a tape and get them the same, When i would set the frontend back down on the ground and measure the springs again they were about .100-.150 different, I put a protractor on the a-arms and it shows one a-arm is sitting at a slight more of an angle, What do you guys think is my problem?? Frame or somethin els??

Thanks, Nick

Honda#4
04-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Is one of your springs broke? maybe try to get a pic of it.

Scro
04-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Check the air pressure in your rear tires. When you get down to the nitty-gritty with measurements, everything needs to be the same. If a rear tire has lower air pressure, it will sit lower on that side. Which in turn causes the opposite front side to sit slightly higher.

Groves187
04-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I hope that is the case, The springs aren't broken... I will give the tire pressure a check....Thanks For your input!!

Nick

esr250r86
04-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Check the air pressure in your rear tires. When you get down to the nitty-gritty with measurements, everything needs to be the same. If a rear tire has lower air pressure, it will sit lower on that side. Which in turn causes the opposite front side to sit slightly higher. Yeah, thats what I would do.

400exridin121
04-07-2007, 08:33 PM
if something is bent it would most likely be the a-arms or shocks, if not then youve got some problems

Barrymaxx
04-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Not sure if the 400s are like this, but I bent a couple of spindles on my blaster. When one was bent it would make the whole frame look bent. When in reality, the frame was strait and the spindle was tweeked.