PDA

View Full Version : Big Bore Kits?

Honda2112
04-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Ok Im going to keep the 400EX an do some stuff with it for right now. I was wondering what would be the best Big Bore Kit to get b/c I have heard bad things about the 440 an was told to do the 416 or 426 but just wanting some opinions on what you all think. Also what else would be great mods to get more power?

Ill be racing some TT Tracks this year an Riding some woods.

Let em know what you all think what kit etc. would be best.

400eXr1d3rZ
04-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Don't go straight into the motor, get a pipe, filter and rejet. Get some tires and suspension before you do anything else performance-related.

Honda2112
04-07-2007, 10:27 AM
I already have a White Bro's slip-on, K&N Filter w/ Outerwear, I was going to get it rejetted but I was told to wait if I was going to go into the motor. I have the 400EX already lowered with the rear adjuster an the front A-Arms are Modded to lower the front. It handles good I just need new tires. I need more power now.

flauge
04-07-2007, 11:16 AM
You'll notice a gain if you rejet, especially since the motor is breathing better with a k&n and a pipe. The more fuel you can burn effeciently the more power you can make.;)
On bores, man im in the same boat as you. I cant decide either.
A lot of people like the 416 b/c its real reliable and still makes good power.But it really depends on how much you wanna spend b/c the 440 is going to cost more b/c the cylinder needs to be resleeved and hd studs are definitely needed on them.
Also another real good modd you could do would be a 450r carb. With you just running a pipe and filter you'll notice a good gain with this... I sure did. :D