PDA

View Full Version : best way to pull the holeshot

custom R
04-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Whats the best way to pull the holeshot Im having A hard time hooking up on the holeshots when im racing my friends on there 450's once we get going I can run them down and pass them but I just spin coming out of the hole when I launch in second

anyone have any tricks or suggestions for getting off the line with a 250r

RICKY BOBBY
04-06-2007, 01:11 PM
START IN 2ND GEAR, CHECK YOUR AIR IN THE REAR TIRES MAYBE LET OUT A 1PSI. OTHER THEN THAT IT IS THE SURFACES YOUR RIDING ON. DIFFERENT SURFACES REQUIRE DIFFRENT TYPES OF COMPOUND THEY USE ON THE TIRES

04-06-2007, 01:42 PM
put most of your weight in the back as long as you dont wheelie too bad...do you have a PV jug?

250r4life
04-06-2007, 02:37 PM
best way is to be faster than the other guys to the 1st turn :D

custom R
04-06-2007, 02:53 PM
no I dont have a p/v I wish i did I was out this afternoon messing around with a buddie doing some holshots and if I kinda loaded up a little with the front brake and then feather the clutch once right after I started I could pull my friend on his piped yfz by about one bike in to the first turn on our track we have on his property so I think I got her figured out

atvmxr
04-06-2007, 11:21 PM
the hardest part is keeping your nerves under control and gradually easing out on the clutch and not over powering the tires on the launch pad. I watched the riding with Gary Denton video from the back in the early 90s and used his techniques with very good results.....the first trick is to not line up right on the gate bars, but scoot back a good foot or so. Sometimes the starter will telll you to move up, so then go about a half foot but still not all the way up to the gate will usually satisfy them. Then just barely have the quad creeping and the idea is to have a slight rolling start on the gate and feather the clutch out and away you go. At least if your talking about an MX launch :devil: