PDA

View Full Version : GNC MX quads

frank mb
04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm Frank and I'm from The Netherlands. I watch always the atvriders forums and I race myself also.
I was wondering why everyone in the GNC races with Honda or suzuki and there are only one or two yamaha's and kawa's.
Is it just because the Honda engines (they use 2005 engines?) are more reliable or could make more hp than the other brands, or is the honda or suzuki a better bike for handling then the yamaha?

I will change my ride from a hybrid with a ktm 560 two stroke to a modern production quad, and this questions came up to me. It is also because I like honda very much but is the 06-07 reliable? And are the suzuki's that also?
Is there also a lot of difference between the handling of the bikes?

I know it are a lot of questions but I hope someone can answer it :D

mr._bowtie
04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I think that hondas are much more reliable then the other brands, or atleast that has been my personal experience with them. There isnt any differance in the motors from 05 to 06 but they did change over to the FRC carb which makes a huge differance in power. If I were going to get one I would opt for an 06 or newer.

bradley300
04-06-2007, 08:10 PM
the 04-05 hondas are the most reliable, and make more power than the 06-07

there arent many kawaski quads because they only came out a month ago. none of the pro's had enuff time to build and test one before the races started. but the 2 kaw. pro's have had thier quad a little longer, being factory riders

the yamaha dosent make as much reliable horsepower as the others, nor is it as easy to ride cmpared to the others. still a great quad, but when your nit picking everything for a half a horsepower here or there, the HP just dosnet seem to add up on the yfz like it does the others. this is just for the pro class tho, in the lower classes, there are quite a few yfz's

400eXr1d3rZ
04-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
the 04-05 hondas are the most reliable, and make more power than the 06-07

I thought the 06-07's made more power?

esr250r86
04-06-2007, 11:02 PM
I hear that the 04-05's are the most reliable and are faster stock than the 06's and up.

frank mb
04-07-2007, 03:05 AM
So the honda is better in handling then the yfz and suzuki? I know that the kawa is out for a month now but not in The Netherlands yet:(

As far as power goes I need to be at honda as well? Does nobody have problems with the tranny or is it just bad luck?

In Holland at race are only yfzs so if a honda will be as reliable maybe i will pick one up at my dealer.

bradley300
04-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I thought the 06-07's made more power?

stock i think they do, but who runs a stock motor? the 04/05 hondas seem to have the most potential power

it depends on what you are going to do with it. if you are wanting a budget quad to keep close to stock, get a lt-r or a yfz. if you want one to max out completly, the trx seems to be the best

frank mb
04-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
stock i think they do, but who runs a stock motor? the 04/05 hondas seem to have the most potential power

it depends on what you are going to do with it. if you are wanting a budget quad to keep close to stock, get a lt-r or a yfz. if you want one to max out completly, the trx seems to be the best

I will race it, so it will not be a stock quad. But are the trannys good of the 07 trx? :confused: