PDA

View Full Version : what all do you need to build a.....

lil400exman
10-09-2002, 03:04 PM
ok i am going to a buddies house he just bought a 300ex.....we are going to make a small mx track in the open part of the woods hows does a 753 bobcat and a small bobcat track-backhoe with a 8ft arm on there do making berms and cleaning up jumps the reason why is i have a old d4 and i was wondering would it help i dont want to lug it around its big and you have to have a semi haul this mother.... also are the 2 bobcats loader and trachoe good at making berms and claering out forest for trals no big big trees bniggest one would be a 15inches and we have a chainsaw for it i dont want to tkae my d4 bak there casue it turns a trial into a freeway if you know what i mean any and all help would be be apreciated if you have any tips i would apprecite it also how hard is it to opearte a little bobcat track-backhoe? we also have a tractor with the bucket up front and a hoe in the bak do those do good in the woodds all i know is how to operate is a dozer and a bobcat loader thanks ahead of time this trail i want it to be 1 way and have good berms in the turns and a few jumps in the straihts do i have enuff equipment? also this will be used for a few dirtbikes nothing bigger than a ktm 200 though......:D thaks-pj!

Derek
10-09-2002, 07:03 PM
I got a bobcat and it is the easiest thing to drive. It only took me like 5 minutes to learn. O yea and if your going to be digging up stumps.... start digging about 4 feet infront of the stump. Once you get under it, give it a yank up. Once it is up you have to push it back.

lil400exman
10-10-2002, 05:22 AM
thanks that is a good point i owned a bobcat for business a few years bak never did use it on trails tho thanks!i am learning the tractor loader with the hoe on the bak this afternoon:eek: :D :cool:

DarkStarRacing
10-10-2002, 11:16 AM
i need heavy machinary :devil

vamangano
10-10-2002, 11:04 PM
I've got a Kubota BX22 which has a front end loader and a backhoe on it. I've made numerous trails in the woods here on my land. For taking out small trees I back up to the tree with the backhoe on the tractor. Swivel my seat around and "walk" the tree down with the backhoe bucket. Put the backhoe bucket as high as you can on the tree and put some down force on it. I don't do this on pine trees because most of the time they will break off where you push at and it could snap back at you. If you want to use the 753 and your loader has a hook or toothbar on it you can put a chain around the tree and attatch it to your loader then pull it up. That works good as well. When you get the trees up then put a boxblade on the tractor and go rip up all the roots and rocks and WHAMMOO you have a groomed trail :)

lil400exman
10-11-2002, 08:18 AM
van-good info!! i was learning how to use the case extend a hoe while i was driving it i flipped it back:p luckily it was a tough machine! tommorow is a big day i am going to print out ur direction and use it! ohh on your tractor with the hoe attachment from a stand still if you give it alot of feul will the front end come up on you?:confused: its seems really weird especially since its a 4x4 thanks for the info van!

this is a good thread!

lil400exman
10-11-2002, 08:21 AM
by the way welcome to the site it has to ahve some members to know what they are tlaking about and my tractor with the hoe attachemnt on it is a case 580 extendahoe construction king cab! its crazy!:p

vamangano
10-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the welcome to the site. I used to be a member when I had my 400ex but I forgot my login and pw :) Becareful using the equipment! It can hurt you in a matter of seconds. A friend of mine at work lost his left arm last summer while digging some holes with his tractor. I won't turn this into a safety thread but please take your time and have fun! With the FEL and BH I can move the tractor around without acutally driving the tractor. The tractor is pretty small and you can easily overpower the tractor with the hydrolics. Let us know how the trails turn out and maybe you can post some pictures :)

lil400exman
10-11-2002, 10:24 AM
sure thing i know what you mean bout those hydryalic arms man those arms that go down dont do didley squat once the start pulling on something:p like a really big rock as i found out yesterday i found out what will fix that though tkae your bucket in the front dig it into the ground in as much as it will go puush those front wheels off the ground and i found i can get alot more out of every scoop i like that lil bobcat trac-hoe it has a 8ft arm on it it makes some killer berms:D that good on my dirtbike! thanks for the help and i found out about how dangerous equipment can be... i was working not with them but the guy with the wheeled loader i think it was a 977cat and the hydraylic holding arm line busted and it had a full load of gravel on it and they were droppin it in on a storm sewer pipe and all the gravel fell on that guy he was hurt not bad brusies and stuff but it cracked his hardhat...... they are dangerours thanks for the warning we all need that from time to time!:)

EvilJester400EX
10-12-2002, 12:25 AM
vamangano, what's that thing right behind the Kubota? lol

Castor-426ex
10-12-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX

that right there be a Yamahamer:eek:

EvilJester400EX
10-12-2002, 01:02 AM
not the yammerhammer.. that thing that looks like big boy on crack

vamangano
10-12-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX

That would be "Bob The Builder". That picture was taken on my sons 3rd birthday and we had a pinatta :)

Sick0
10-13-2002, 08:32 AM
Do you have a license to run that machine.

vamangano
10-13-2002, 09:30 AM
Are you being serious :) No there is no liscense required to use it on your own property here in VA.

josh
10-16-2002, 05:29 PM
the whole track idea is cool but is it legal, who owns the land, were is it, how much room do you have to make a track, o, and i would model it after one of your local tracks and get really good on it so you can go there and basically be a stranger and impress people and tell them you've only been to that track a few times

josh
10-16-2002, 05:30 PM
or if it turns out really good you could buy the land and charge admission for other peeps to ride and eventually set it up like a professional track

lil400exman
10-17-2002, 10:56 AM
yeh here in ohio you do not need a permit to operate for private use last weekend i triend but we had so much rain that the loader sunk bad once i put the arms down i pulled them up and they kinda slipped while i was doing it fell down it really hurt inside and the rear end just sunk and i couldnt use the arm well i tried but they could quite lift me out and i dont know why...... but the oliver came in handy and josh-yes my buddy owns all the land and i surveyed it all out and set up stakes and all fo the track grade elev. for the jumps and all and vermango where's wendi? lol :macho

4punksdad
10-19-2002, 05:49 PM
:D

QuadTrix6
10-20-2002, 04:49 PM
hey vamangano that i s a sick machine i bet its great for trails and building, i want one :D

vamangano
11-02-2002, 06:41 AM
Yeah it seems to work pretty well. I built a jump last weekend for my brother-in-law and myself. It took all of 15min to build and that included going into the woods to my dirtpile to get the dirt and bringing it all the way back up to the pond. I know my brother-in-law will read this so let me just add one thing. I made the jump bigger yesterday afternoon. Are you ready :devil