PDA

View Full Version : how do you pay????

woodsracer144
04-06-2007, 10:20 AM
ok... i found a nice yfz and its at a near by parts shed... and its 4500.. is a yfx and theres the stock fronts with pep work or works work on the front shock( there blue and white dule rate.) and i dont knwo much abt it.. i jaut sat on it the other day they were pretty busy so i didnt atlk to them about it... any way i dont have 4500 layin around and some of you guys and gals out there have like 2 450s and a few other quads on top of that...i have about 2 grand and i really want to get a yfz... or a 450 of some sort... im 15 and my mom wont let me get a 250f bike(my cusins race them) and i wanna ride with them... and she wont let me buy a 250 f but i can buy the biggest quad out there.... its kinda dumb.... any way.. can i pull a loan and have mom mom or some one co-sign it and then i pay it off....???
thanks....

jal232
04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Being that your 15, i think your mom or dad would have to be the main signer, or the name on the loan due to your age. I dont think you can be the primarty loan holder. But either way throw your 2K upfront and youll only have to get a personal loan for 2500 and that will keep yoru payments down...I would plan to pay 150-250 a month...THat will get it paid of quickly..

lundgrener02
04-06-2007, 11:47 AM
when i was 15 i wanted a bike really bad and got a job for the summer welding working atleast 50 hours a week and wanted a bike for the summer and not save up money and finally get it at the end of the summer. so i talked to my dad and he said he'd co sign if i paid it off in three or four months. so we went to the bank and i was the main person on the loan with him as the co-signer and it worked out great. i got the bike a wanted and it was paid off in three and a half months. good luck though.

250r4life
04-06-2007, 02:42 PM
a minor cant legally enter into a contract...

i wouldnt put all your savings down, and you'll want some reserves and what not... especially if you need to repair or buy something...

i would rather have a little higher payment and still be riding then have a lower payment on a bike that i couldnt ride cuz i didnt have money to fix it

woodsracer144
04-06-2007, 06:14 PM
i ahve 2 jobs one i got paid 10 bucka a hour and i made 800 bucks rally fast( work a few farm jobs here and there too) and i got a blaster and it need a top end and i got it fixed for 297? i htink and now i want something bigger.. sick of the pre-mix and all that...i would like to get a 450 but the 400ex's are cheap but i really dont want one... i would rather jsut buy a 450... i would pay more if it was pimped out to... or even if it was like 2500 and had a blowen motor and all that becasue i love to work on them... i wanna get in to mx... but i ride trails too so im not sure what to do...
any thing on quads that you have had good luck with... or quads to look in to or even bikes?

oldskoolex400
04-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
i ahve 2 jobs one i got paid 10 bucka a hour and i made 800 bucks rally fast( work a few farm jobs here and there too) and i got a blaster and it need a top end and i got it fixed for 297? i htink and now i want something bigger.. sick of the pre-mix and all that...i would like to get a 450 but the 400ex's are cheap but i really dont want one... i would rather jsut buy a 450... i would pay more if it was pimped out to... or even if it was like 2500 and had a blowen motor and all that becasue i love to work on them... i wanna get in to mx... but i ride trails too so im not sure what to do...
any thing on quads that you have had good luck with... or quads to look in to or even bikes?

sounds to me like you really dont know what you want and what u want to do with it, personally i would make my mind up before spending the money.

YFZ450Ridr
04-06-2007, 11:41 PM
have your parents pay for it, and give them your 2k and then get a job. when i turned 16 last year my parents bought me a truck which was $3000, and im paying the back half for it. then a month later i got a yfz, which was 4 grand and i sold my z400 for 3200 so i owed 800 more on the yfz. over this past year ive worked 3 days a week bussing tables and i only have 900 bucks left of the 2300 i owed. my best advice is to get a job!

woodsracer144
04-07-2007, 12:19 PM
ok
1)I HAVE A JOB BUT IT DONT START UNILL THE GROUND IS DRY.. AND I HAVE ANOTHER THAT IM DOIN RIGHT NOW AND THEY BOTH PAY REALLY GOOD!!!!
ok thank you for getin that....
2) i know what i want.. i want a 450 what one i dont really care... i wanna ride each one and see what one i like the best...
3) my parents wont pay for it.. hate to say this ... but my folks are really poor and dont have much with all the bills( dad just got a dump truck that is work just about as much as out house alone)
4) im out on my own... i dont wanna wait till i got the 4 or 5 grand... becaseu i could build up another wheeler thats 2 grand...
5) is there any pros or cons to the 450s each one... are some better to you... and are stronger...?

Xater
04-07-2007, 12:31 PM
you can get a new yfz for 70$ a month for 2 years so you might be able to afford that and save up for when the payments go higher. im am also 15 but this time 2 years from now i will be making about a grand a month.

mineralgrey01gt
04-07-2007, 12:35 PM
dude your 15, im 20 and just got my first quad and i have been saving for a while for it! Save up the money and dont worry about the loan and junk like that. Im buying a brand new one next week, ltr450, and also paying for my own apartment. Remember good things will come if you wait patient. I wanted a 250r bad when i was your age, but surely didnt get one till i went out and started building up one myself, which is the quad im building now

woodsracer144
04-07-2007, 05:50 PM
today iwas on the net and i found a yzf426 for 2100...its at a dealer and i know the guy that owns the place.... so do any of you know anything about the 426... i think that if i buy the 426 that i would buy a yfz roller or something.... and put that motor in there to or something...
thanks for the imput guys.... it helps me....

oldskoolex400
04-07-2007, 08:02 PM
lol
dont do that, cheaper in the long run to get one already built

pro-rider46
04-07-2007, 08:18 PM
tell your mom that you are going to put the motor of the 426 into the frame but never get around to it and jsut ride the bike

ps it is good to see some other young riders on the site!
i just turned fourteen about a month ago

woodsracer144
04-07-2007, 10:25 PM
i thin on monday if i dont go to the movies with the lady im gonna go test ride the yz426f... are the yfz 450's have 5 valves like the bike

dr.dyfz
04-08-2007, 11:58 AM
i got a 450 a year ago and im fifteen now, just get an 04 they still will beat 450rs and they will probably be tricked out

woodsracer144
04-08-2007, 06:00 PM
i think im gonna try a rmz 250... i have to get osm oil tomrrow and im gonna see if i can test drive....

Gray33
04-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Hey man i am in the same boat has you but the only differance is i want a Honda 450-r . I currently have a yamaha blaster 2004, and i think its time for me to move on because i am out growing it I am 15 and weigh 185 and around 6 foot. Yes, my parents wont pay for the 450. They say that i alreayd have a nice fourwheeler and dont need anther.

I have a job to at a dairy farm down the road and I get paid pretty good considering I have only been working there for a month. And over easter break i was talking to my cuzens who all have yfz 450 or 450'rs and they said what you think about a LOAN. At first I thought they were crazy but it ant a real bad idea. My family members other then my mom and dad said it would be a good way to build up your credit and you would benfit down the long run. Now i have mentioned a loan to my parents and i have been being nice to them so they will be able to co-sign for me. I am getting a 450r for 4000 and i am selling my yamaha blaster for 2500 know any one intersted send me a pm. So throw the idea of a "loan" out there and see what they say just tell them it would build up your credit and you would benift in the long run. DOnt get me wrong but if you dont have a job then a loan isnt the way to go. But if you have a steady job that you get paid pretty good from then do it. Since i have mentioned a loand to my parents they are like 90% towards me getting it. Also a yfz for 2100 there must be something wrong with it. Good luck for gettign a yfz 450. I like both but i am a honda man so i will go with the R>!
-Gray-

woodsracer144
04-09-2007, 02:45 PM
ok... i dont know about the loan they wont let me get one... and dide not to be mean but i dont thing that you will get the price you want for your blaster... your not really around here too... idk.. im think about checkin out a 04 suzuki rmz 250 and its for 2500 and i think its a good deal.. i askes a friend thats races armz if he wousl come with to check it out with me some time... and then i think im gonna trade my blaster in if they give me a good enought price.... then i might get a quad frame and throw the 250 motor in there... then i can still trail with my other buddys...what do you think??? yes or no???

Gray33
04-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Ya i know i ant goin to get that much out of it but it leaves room for you to get jewed down on so i will probly get 1800 out of it and i am from ohio where there is high demand for quads.
2nd of all its your own choice. But, personally i would take the yfz 450 over the rmz suski anday but thats my opoinion just do what ever you want to