PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

BranMan
04-05-2007, 03:16 PM
does anyone no of a link that has a detailed pictures of changin the clutch.. it seems pretty simple but i wanna read and no all i can b4 i jump into it... thanks for all the help

BranMan
04-05-2007, 05:08 PM
plz help....

Muffer Bearing
04-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't have any pics but I am in the same boat as you. I am in the middle of waiting for my clutch. It is pretty straight fwd.

Drain oil
Remove rear brake arm
Remove clutch cable holder
Remove oil pipes on case (don't loose O rings or dowel pins)
Remove about 11 (if i remember correctly) bolts from the case.
Remove the clutch linkage arm and case at the same time
(twist linkage as you pull it out)
At this time you should see the clutches and the basket.

Remove the clutch basket bolts and springs. (Pull them a little at a time...don't pull one at a time. Like you would a car tire..
There is a piece in the middle of the hub (its the piece the linkage was attached to...anyway it pulls straight out..

When you check out the hub, clutches, bearings and seals you can soak the frictions in oil.

Install the frictions and steels the same way your old ones come out. The rest is reverse of whats posted up above...

IF I missed anything please chime in. Hope this helps....

One last thing, my clutch basket (still attached to the engine) has some grooves on the fingers (for lack of the proper term) from the clutch I am guessing. i don;t know what the limit is so hopefully someone will chime in on that. I really do not want to replace mine at this time...

BranMan
04-05-2007, 08:49 PM
awesome man that helps alot... thanks a bunch...

mr._bowtie
04-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Just buy a Clymer owners manual for it... Like 17 bucks and youll have all the info for the entire quad. Money well spent imo.

flauge
04-06-2007, 11:58 PM
http://www.lspsonline.com/howto/Clutch%20replacement/

This page here helped me out alot back when i swapped mine out..

BranMan
04-08-2007, 08:17 AM
thanks for the help guys.. the little sahara website realy help alot.. it was alot easier than i thought it was gunna b... thanks again for all the replys