PDA

View Full Version : help with high cap oil tank

DF400ex
04-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I just got my high capacity oil tank in the mail today. When I went to install it from the left side and it wouldn't fit. So I tried to put it in from the top after removing my gas tank, heat shield, and oil cooler but it wouldn't clear my headers. So then I took off my headers and installed the oil tank, but now I cannot get my headers back on. The only other thing that I can think of is to remove my steering stem and oil cooler and try to slide it in that way with my headers back on.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DF400ex
04-05-2007, 09:29 PM
bump

Quadtrax
04-06-2007, 08:04 AM
I had the same problem. What I did was ....... Removed tank, oil cooler and head pipe. Installed the aftermarket oil tank and replaced everything but the head pipe. The head pipe was FMF and it will not fit with the after market oil tank so ....... I got a Sparks and fit right on with no problems.

The White Bros must be shaped like the FMF and there is nothing you can do but can it and get either Sparks or LRD.

DF400ex
04-06-2007, 09:42 AM
damn that sucks

DF400ex
04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
I got my oil tank back in and man was it a PITA. I ended up having to loosen all my motor mounts and tilting the engine back about 5 degrees so I could get my headers back on. Once it's all put together there is clearance between the headers and oil tank, I'm just not planning on taking it off any time soon, or so I hope, lol. Has anyone else had this same problem, or is it just because I have the full E series exhaust.