PDA

View Full Version : Airstryker carb/Twist throttle

Iliketogofast
04-05-2007, 10:54 AM
So, I'm going to have a predicament when my new motor gets here because right now I have a twist throttle and the stock carb, and I'll be installing an Airstryker which will have a thumb cable.

My question is - what dirtbikes use the 38mm Airstryker? Even better, is there an aftermarket cable just for this setup?

ESR said I'll have to change cables, but they don't have a twist cable. I ordered the thumb cable anyways in hopes that I can somehow mod it to work with the twist throttle, but I'm getting pretty nervous about it by now.

Thanks for any help!

troybilt
04-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Motion Pro
P/N: 01-0807 for a CR throttle
Check Motionpro's website

Iliketogofast
04-05-2007, 12:37 PM
It says on the applications page that that part number fits a PJ and a PWK, but it's too short. If the same cable fits a PJ (stock carb) and a PWK (my new carb) at the same time, doesn't that mean my stock cable will work?

The longest cable on that page is 41 inches and I need 48 inches. Will they make me one or something?

gojk
04-05-2007, 01:50 PM
I went from a PJ36 to a PWK38a/s and the cable at the carb end is exactly the same.

troybilt
04-05-2007, 01:58 PM
From the website this is what it fits:

Fits Cr Comp throttle to Keihin PJ34-38, PWK28-39 & Mikuni TM28-34

I think the carb/slide cap doesn't attach to the cable like the stock, it has an adjustment on top of the cap. That might be some difference in length.

Page 28 of 36 on the application pdf file down at the bottom gives the part number I gave you earlier.

01-0807

My friend just bought one for his motion pro twist throttle and Kiehin 39mm carb on his 89, 3-4 wks ago. I just ordered a 38 airstryker from ESR yesterday for my 89, but I'm still using the thumb throttle at the moment. I don't know the length, we didn't measure. My other friend bought a motion pro universal cable that he cut and re-soldered the end on for his 38mm on an 86 ATC 250r.

I hope this helps,