PDA

View Full Version : Wires?

maxitout77
04-05-2007, 08:02 AM
I recently pick up a 250EX for $600 with a procircut and holeshots on alum, cant beat that :) Anyway, this kid maintained it very poorly and did alot of hack jobs on it. I cleaned the carb and filter, changed all the fluids, etc and it runs like a champ!

My question:
there are about 5-6 wires that head out back (not the battery wires, or the red power wire with the fuse) that are justing hanging there, connected to nothing. I narrowed down the two that go to the taillight, but for the life of me, I cant figure out what the rest go to? what would these noramlly be connected two, can i just cut em off and seal it up?

does anyone have a wriring schematic they can send me, that would be awsome?

-Max

maxitout77
04-06-2007, 07:56 AM
bumpp

ryanh250ex
04-06-2007, 11:50 AM
congrats on what sounds like a very good deal.

you'd be best off just buying a shop manual for it. it may seem like a big expense just to figure out where a bunch of wires go but it will come in handy sooner or later.

maxitout77
04-06-2007, 04:32 PM
a manual is a soon to be purchase, but can anyone please answer my question in the meantime?

BlasterEaten250
04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Could they be the float bowl hoses or final drive breather hoses? Is one end of them connected to anything or are they just sitting there for no reason?

maxitout77
04-07-2007, 09:05 AM
they are definitely not breather hoses, give me more credit than that...

they are just wires (with connecters) hanging out, ill see if i can take a picture. they come off the same wire bunch that includes the + for battery and tailight wires...

250exkid
04-07-2007, 02:32 PM
my guess is there for the rectifier. i no that the rectifire doesnt need to be pluged in but after many times useing your lights and start you will have to recharge you battery.