PDA

View Full Version : flat track quads at i-96 speedway

chopper-t
04-05-2007, 07:03 AM
We need a big turnout of quads for test and tune on fri april 13 from 6pm to 9:30, sat april 14 from 12:00 to 5:00 pm. The insurance is very high so the track owner is using the test and tune to guage the interest and turnout he will have. The test and tune will aiso be fri april 20 from 6pm to 9:30pm,sat april 21 from 12pm to 5pm. We need at least 50 quads to show up,so here is our chance to grow our sport in michigan. 10 events have been schedualed for 2007. This is a high bank 1/4 mile clay track thats fast, wide and smooth a very nice facility and well run. A pit pass of $25 is required for test and tune. normal safety gear is required. there is camping on site . For further info call I-96 speedway at 1-616-642-0555 or www.i96speedway.net you can call me at 1-517-285 1429 thanks

x.system
04-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Get ahold of me, I made a flyer for the May 5th race but need the time to put on it yet. I tried calling you but your mailbox is full, this is Jim. Send me your email and I will send you this flyer.

Latemodel32
04-24-2007, 08:27 PM
What is the pay out ? I watched you guy run it last yr. I usually go there every friday to watch the car races.

x.system
04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Latemodel32
What is the pay out ? I watched you guy run it last yr. I usually go there every friday to watch the car races.

Last year was
$100 for 1st
$75 for 2nd
$50 for 3rd

It was supposed to be
$125 for 1st
$100 for 2nd
$75 for 3rd

We didn't have the turn out to pay back those amounts though. I think we had to have at least 15 in the main event for those payouts and we usually had 14.

Mike said we now need at least 30 riders or its a no go so it isn't looking good so far. I'm sure if you were there you saw the accidents with riders, usually one every Friday night so Mikes insurance is the main problem, he needs a big turn out to make it worth while.

I'd like to see a big turn out and then split the group up into A and B riders, I think it would be a little safer instead of running the experienced with the novices. I think every crash except one was due to inexperience where the new guys were riding above their ability to try to keep up with the experienced riders.

I think if we do end up running there are only going to be 4 Friday night races for us, I think the rest are schedualed for Saturdays and maybe one or two Sundays if we get to run at all.

Do you run latemodel there? I'd like to get in one of those cars for a few laps :D

Latemodel32
04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
No actually i dont race cars(Yet) i have raced MX for yrs. Retired just went and bought a 450R now im going to mx a couple of yrs then move into cars.Oh ya as far as the crash's.There needs to be 2 classes.There was blasters,250X racing against banshee's 250R's,Yfz450's ect.Back in the day they use to have a MX track in the middle of the half mile track i got my first trophy there back in 1994.Ya im a A class rider moved to the vet class now LOL. Not to sure how many times i will be there this yr. I will be there for the BIG shows and the World of Outlaws sprint cars in july.

x.system
04-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Do you go to Crystal? I'v heard they have ran quads before up there but I missed it last time I heard about it.

Bring that 450 to I-96 and run may 5th. I ran a set of mxr4's once and they did fine, just wore them down pretty quick but I won a heat with them. I think the track is going to be really loose anyway since they just put new clay down. During test and tune it was very rough, only one line to run with hoosiers. I think they are putting all their time into the half mile track and not doing a whole lot to the 1/4 mile.

Latemodel32
04-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I live 2 miles from crystal speedway and right next to victory lane MX track. I goto crystal speedway almost every saterday night when it get warm out. I was there when they ran the 2 quads what a joke it was.I might come and watch on the 5th setting it up for mx not interested in flat track racing. I think the 1/4 mi track is a joke anyways let the cars run the 1/2 mi. They run 2 classes on the 1/4 and 2 on the 1/2 mi.

zuki#444
04-26-2007, 06:02 PM
whats the big race on may 5th? you guys know they run quads at hartford speedway to. i do think i can make it that weekend

x.system
04-26-2007, 06:32 PM
There were a few guys that came up from Hartford last year towards the end of the season and said that Hartford is a 1/8 mile track? We run on the 1/4 mile. I wanted to go to Hartford until I heard it was a smaller track. I ran a small track in Ohio and didn't care for it but that was becasue I was geared for the 1/4, if I would have had the right setup it would have been alot better.

The 5th is our first and maybe only race for this season if we don't get a large turnout. Grab some guys and come run with us. I think the gates open at 10am and racing starts at noon but that hasn't been confirmed yet. Should know by tomorrow.

zuki#444
04-27-2007, 03:43 PM
what gears are you running im running an mx gearing 13 font and 36 rear

x.system
04-28-2007, 12:15 PM
If I remember correctly I was using 14/37 but I've changed gearing since then to run on ice. I'm going to be using a different gear setup this year to try a few new things. Heres a flyer I made for this event. Print it off if you want and spread it around. If it doesn't work, send me your email and I will send you the full size version.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4fzgfna