PDA

View Full Version : I have decided

forgiven
04-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I am going to order my DRR Drx90 tomorrow. Not going with the limited, but have full confidence this is going to be a great machine. I am sure I will have to do the "spacer" thing and will prolly swap the pipe out for something geared more for lower to mid range.

I have the AC propegs waiting to go on, and now all I need is the aluminum rims and snow hogs.

I can't wait...my son can't wait either :D

Nichols Atvs
04-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Good for you you will be very happy

drr wizard
04-04-2007, 06:28 PM
you have made a very good choice and I am sure you will be very satisfied...what color are you getting?

forgiven
04-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Against my strong urgings I was told Black by the son and the Mom.

I wanted white...but you know how that goes.

ecmini1
04-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Great choice in the DRR allthough white is a cool color. BUt you allways have to listen to the boss and her side kick:D

Nichols Atvs
04-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Dont worry about the color because you can always change it and lately i have see a lot of front one color and the back another actuly quadjunkies is black front yellow back pretty sharp
and price for bodys are very reasonable. again good for you

forgiven
04-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I have lamented over this decision for quite some time now.

Originally looked at the extreme pretty hard, then the Thumpstar from Wolfpack (which still seems like a good deal) then almost jumped on a costco Baja 125 for 1299. My son is a big time racer and I could put suspension on it and still be about 2G's. Just came down to a lot of stuff to fix off the bat....gussets, clutch, shocks, nerfs, rear master cylinder then no support with the Baja.

Then I land on the Drr. The stock suspension sounds like it may be OK for my boy and I already had a Works rear shock the same size as the stock Drr. The hardened gears, 44" stance, 24mm carb, Koso pipe stock (although I will prolly sell mine for something with more torque), and watching the issues that did come up online handled quickly and without SEEMINGLY much complaining. I am very excited and I won't even be riding it. I think I am just relieved the decision process is over.

I can't wait.

QuadJunkies
04-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Congrats! :)

bulldogfallon
04-05-2007, 12:48 AM
I think as you can see here....things can and will go wrong (even Kawasaki, honda, Yamaha and Suzuki have product recalls)

I have rec'd like 4-5 recall letters on my 2006 TRX450r, so it happens....the 07 KFX80 has had a recall etc..

Not trying to make excuses, but to at least share some perspective on the MX world.

It has they are handled that companies should be judged on.

Make sure you buy from a dependable dealer...

Hey EC Mini I thought you had a White 90 in stock?

Hard to part with huh? :)

bulldogfallon
04-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by forgiven
I have lamented over this decision for quite some time now.

Originally looked at the extreme pretty hard, then the Thumpstar from Wolfpack (which still seems like a good deal) then almost jumped on a costco Baja 125 for 1299. My son is a big time racer and I could put suspension on it and still be about 2G's. Just came down to a lot of stuff to fix off the bat....gussets, clutch, shocks, nerfs, rear master cylinder then no support with the Baja.

Then I land on the Drr. The stock suspension sounds like it may be OK for my boy and I already had a Works rear shock the same size as the stock Drr. The hardened gears, 44" stance, 24mm carb, Koso pipe stock (although I will prolly sell mine for something with more torque), and watching the issues that did come up online handled quickly and without SEEMINGLY much complaining. I am very excited and I won't even be riding it. I think I am just relieved the decision process is over.

I can't wait.

My friend's kid down the street has a baja 125....ooops sorry...should I say the repair facility down the street has their Baja 125...They are having a hard time with getting parts so they may just get a refund....Good price and a decent bike, but not much in the way of support...it is more looks than anything else...

Be wary of Baja.....

I have a strong feeling that he will be riding a DRX90 soon....Maybe the one in my living room?

ecmini1
04-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
I think as you can see here....things can and will go wrong (even Kawasaki, honda, Yamaha and Suzuki have product recalls)

I have rec'd like 4-5 recall letters on my 2006 TRX450r, so it happens....the 07 KFX80 has had a recall etc..

Not trying to make excuses, but to at least share some perspective on the MX world.

It has they are handled that companies should be judged on.

Make sure you buy from a dependable dealer...

Hey EC Mini I thought you had a White 90 in stock?

Hard to part with huh? :)

Hey bulldog your correct we have a hot looking 90cc in white in stock. We love looking at it. Cant wait for someone to take it off our hands and get it dirty.

As far as problems anytime you are trying to make a product better you have issues but DRR has been stepping up and taking care of their customers. That goes along way.

ntmx
04-10-2007, 10:35 PM
if you get rid of that pipe, let me know, i really want one. just pm me please

forgiven
04-11-2007, 08:31 AM
yhpm

And if someone has a Holt pipe they would like to trade...we can work something out. My quad should be here late this week or early next week.

riding4fun
04-13-2007, 07:23 AM
forgiven,

Great news! Once you get it dialed in you will be very happy. The DRR company has been very helpful.

forgiven
04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Got my brown box of goodness today. Perhaps I will get to it tomorrow.

WOLFPACK
04-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by forgiven
yhpm

And if someone has a Holt pipe they would like to trade...we can work something out. My quad should be here late this week or early next week. I have a KOSO pipe. It is Dyno proven to produce more power than any other pipe out there. We struted around for a good 8 months thinking we had the fastest pipe alive (European built) then we dyno'ed the KOSO and it hit earlier and pulled one full HP more on a built Predator 90.

Shane

forgiven
04-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Perhaps we will just keep it then...:eek2:

Got it together with the help of a few friends tonight. Battery charged, and ready to go minus fluids. Started feeling good about 6ish and didn't take too long...especially when you have a quad mechanic for a friend :D

forgiven
04-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Got some oil in the injector and in the tank. Smokes real good but doing a 5 minute heat up and 1.5 hour cool down. Hopefully she will be broke in soon.

I can see where the other CDI is going to be a must, and if the different filter and outerware make that big of a difference...she will fly. It does OK now...was expecting a bit more, but I will reserve judgement till I get the Uni and outerware.

Like the way it handles...very stable. Had to bleed the brakes like everyone else. Also noticed both plungers inside the master cylinder were off...glad I bled them. May have to modify the head to make it higher compression or just buy one from AFRO.

Overall I am cautiously optimistic. Missing a few nuts and bolts for the floor boards...other than that...everything was there.

bulldogfallon
04-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Did you remove the mud cover from the air filter housing?

The jetting also needs to be leaned out most likely

Water cooled 90s in FL are at about 100 MJ.

The oil in the injector tank makes the bikes run terrible at first....Once that is run out of it's system it will run better

You also removed the clip on the CDI box under the 2 screws?

forgiven
04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I didn't remove the mud cover but did get the pesky jumper. The plan is to run two tanks and break it in...then I goes to work.

forgiven
04-15-2007, 06:27 PM
I am not really lettin it wind out much just trying to keep it up and down a lot, but taking off the mud guard really helped.

Do they make an outerware I could use right over the stock filter or should I go with the UNI just the same?

I weigh about about 210 and it was haulin me around pretty good in the back yard. I was sittin there thinking if I was about 120 pounds lighter like my son...oh yeah!

bulldogfallon
04-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Some stock classes won't allow the use of a Uni filter....

We use an outwears over the stock filter housing...

forgiven
04-15-2007, 11:30 PM
What is the outerware number?

drr wizard
04-16-2007, 06:41 AM
part# 20-1094-01

bulldogfallon
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
We use Outerwears

10-1006-01

I'll have to try the other part number to see how it fits....probably a little shorter than the one we use