PDA

View Full Version : Will it pass?

JRP
04-04-2007, 09:31 AM
i am planning on going to the birch creek national, and i dont know if my DASA will pass the 99decible rule. mine is jus the reg, it dosen't have the quite core or anything. i know byrd is running one, so i was jus curious. thanks!

Dupontster
04-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Im pretty sure it will pass. Thats a fairly new pipe isnt it? I wouldnt think they would build a pipe to loud for a national. We'll probly be at Birch to.

JRP
04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Im pretty sure it will pass. Thats a fairly new pipe isnt it? I wouldnt think they would build a pipe to loud for a national. We'll probly be at Birch to.

yea it just came out not to long ago, i think right after last season. i dont think dan would build a pipe louder than the 99 decible either, but i jus wasn't to sure. Dont really want to make the 4hr drive and have to come home:p

400exrider707
04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
How long have you run it? I would replace the packing just to be sure:cool:

JRP
04-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
How long have you run it? I would replace the packing just to be sure:cool:

maybe 4 months, if that. how much is new packaging?

400exrider707
04-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by JRP
maybe 4 months, if that. how much is new packaging?

Packing, not packaging. Shouldn't be more than $20 for the good stuff and a little bit of your time. I believe most exhaust manufacturers recommend changing it every 15 hours. No one ever does, but that will make them louder for sure. Also if you are driving some distance, it probably wouldn't hurt to get a quiet core (if available) just in case. The new packing will help immensely though.

JRP
04-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Packing, not packaging. Shouldn't be more than $20 for the good stuff and a little bit of your time. I believe most exhaust manufacturers recommend changing it every 15 hours. No one ever does, but that will make them louder for sure. Also if you are driving some distance, it probably wouldn't hurt to get a quiet core (if available) just in case. The new packing will help immensely though.

haha yea i knew that, thats jus what i typed, lol:p Ill get some soon, thanks alot

DJJ450r
04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
At the Steele Creek GNCC they checked my rossier and it was 112dbs and they still let me race:macho I would take your stock exhaust and put it on for tech if the DASA's to loud then switch it back before the race:devil:

jal232
04-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah those Rossies are loud. My room mate got the black on of his yfz and it is loud...Thought my Sparks was a bit loud, but he makes me seem as if Im stock

Ty's400
04-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by JRP
i am planning on going to the birch creek national, and i dont know if my DASA will pass the 99decible rule. mine is jus the reg, it dosen't have the quite core or anything. i know byrd is running one, so i was jus curious. thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you with the Dasa exhaust. I'm wondering if it will pass. I called Dasa today and Brandon told me that probably not. They have come up with a longer canister that is going to be released here soon, so that sucks considering mine is brand new and now they have a different one. You can tell in the pics that Byrd's is longer. Also the core is a bit smaller he said.

04-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Is a Dasa pipe as loud or louder than a Sparks? Because one of the guys I race wtih sparks was 99db. My HMF was 96:D

ST87
04-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Im pretty sure it will because when they check the dBs its right about idle and no exhaust is fairly loud... and theyll give a warning for you first offense and theyre only randomly checking certain classes not everybody is gettin checked .. or so i heard

JRP
04-07-2007, 03:30 PM
ttt, anyone run one and know if it will pass or not? It would be very appreciated. They say they test it at 3,750 rpms and it should be under 99db. thanks

JRP
04-08-2007, 02:40 PM
alright heres a vid of my quad, anyone know if it sounds over 99db?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujzXuORlXpQ

250xridamatt
04-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Im thinking you should move the landing of that double back a little bit. haha

JRP
04-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
Im thinking you should move the landing of that double back a little bit. haha

hahaha yea i know, but...... i dont have a way to do that,lol. believe me man, if i had equipment, like a little bobcat, id spend hrs out there and make some killer stuff, but. i dont:ermm: :(

250xridamatt
04-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Did you make that one with a shovel? I started doing that, and decided the size of jumps I would be making wouldnt be all that beneficial, and my parents might get mad at me tearing up the yard. haha

JRP
04-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
Did you make that one with a shovel? I started doing that, and decided the size of jumps I would be making wouldnt be all that beneficial, and my parents might get mad at me tearing up the yard. haha

hah yup all by shovel!