PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for Chad Wienen

Ty's400
04-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Chad has really stepped it up a notch this year, but unfortunately bad luck has seemed to plague him the past couple rounds. I really have a lot of respect and admiration for him, hopefully Rage can figure out how to keep his motor together and he won't have any more bad luck (i.e. cracked cases).

JRP
04-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Ty's400
Chad has really stepped it up a notch this year, but unfortunately bad luck has seemed to plague him the past couple rounds. I really have a lot of respect and admiration for him, hopefully Rage can figure out how to keep his motor together and he won't have any more bad luck (i.e. cracked cases).

couldnt of said it better myself. all the hard work he does, jus cant keep the motor together, but hey, its racing. Hes jus having badluck and next round he will be on top!

jal232
04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Well put, he has came along way and right when hes on top he has these problems...But was JRP said, "thats racing". He will be back up on top...promise

WheelieMan4
04-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by jal232
He will be back up on top...promise

I agree with you 110%...Chad is going to be a MAJOR threat this year for everyone...And i'm pretty sure that next year he might pick up that extra factory support!! That would help him out a lot...I mean look how good he is doing right now, besides the bad luck..

OOO and have you seen him go through the whoops!?!?!? WOW

jal232
04-04-2007, 11:49 AM
If he picks up factory support, thats just that much more stress that is off his back, and more focus time on racing..He will be at the top before you know it....

hsr
04-04-2007, 01:38 PM
he has really turned it up this year. I would imagine his main focus is on the WPSA's , so hopefully there first few rounds of GNC's were enough to get all of the bugs worked out for the big show.

Dave400ex
04-04-2007, 02:15 PM
He has really picked it up this year. Already a couple of times he should have won. I hope they get everything figured out and he can finish on top.

Pappy
04-04-2007, 02:17 PM
i feel bad for him, but feel worse for the guy building his engines...lol

Mean250r
04-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i feel bad for him, but feel worse for the guy building his engines...lol

Yeh me to, isnt his motor a honda? If it is thats prob why hes havin the problems :devil: :blah:

insaneracin2003
04-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I think it is just some very badd luck,Rage also builds Uppermans and Natalie's engines and they are fine.....are the races coming on tv yet?? if so,what time and channel? thanks

rollie
04-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
I think it is just some very badd luck,Rage also builds Uppermans and Natalie's engines and they are fine.....are the races coming on tv yet?? if so,what time and channel? thanks

the full scedual is on the homepage, first TV event is april 18th...

I feel bad for weinen too, him and josh creamer are my favorite pros for sure, im sure dee will have chads engines dialed in for the WPSA's, chad is one hell of a racer and like everyone has said so far, he will be on top

insaneracin2003
04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by rollie
the full scedual is on the homepage, first TV event is april 18th...

I feel bad for weinen too, him and josh creamer are my favorite pros for sure, im sure dee will have chads engines dialed in for the WPSA's, chad is one hell of a racer and like everyone has said so far, he will be on top
thanks rollie

treake
04-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003

He's a force to be wreckoned with this year. Since when did Upperman have his engine built by Rage? Unless something has changed, he rides for Baldwin.

insaneracin2003
04-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by treake
He's a force to be wreckoned with this year. Since when did Upperman have his engine built by Rage? Unless something has changed, he rides for Baldwin.
I could be wrong but thought in AtvInsider Mag said that Upperman was with Rage now.Ill check tonight when I get home. Has me thinking now..hmmmmm

trick250r
04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
naw, upperman isnt riding a honda anymore... farr still runs the team and mark still builds the engines. farr is just running a KTm and the rest of the team is riding a kawi maybe?

Ralph
04-04-2007, 04:57 PM
I think rage is having the most bad luck overall.

Ty's400
04-04-2007, 06:26 PM
As far as I know Rage is doing Wienen's, Natalie's, and Goodman's motors, not sure about anyone else. I agree with everyone, Wienen will be on top! There is no doubt about it.

Unverfehrt400ex
04-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Hes a great rider. I cant wait til his bikes get running better. I just love how everyone was talking so great about his Rage engine after that first race.

honduh440
04-04-2007, 06:33 PM
heh when u ride as hard as him and natalie ur motors are not going to come back to the pits the same way

wait till wpsa when he starts ridding new bikes

insaneracin2003
04-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Ty's400
As far as I know Rage is doing Wienen's, Natalie's, and Goodman's motors, not sure about anyone else. I agree with everyone, Wienen will be on top! There is no doubt about it.
correct,it is Goodman that is with Rage....my badd. I hope Dee can figure out what is going on with the motors.....I would like to see Rage do very well this year.

FHKracingZ
04-04-2007, 09:19 PM
its funny.. i told everybody online last year that if chad got a midpack holeshot he would be top5. the times he did he podiumed like at walnut and was in the top 5. he started in the last 3 spots most races. now he has a faster motor under him , hes getting er done. i rode with him alot last summer, unbelievably fast!

KingRage12
04-05-2007, 07:26 AM
I dont do the net much anymore because of the time preparing for the upcoming season. My wife told me about the thread and I thought I could bring some inquiring minds up to speed on whats going on with big weens....

Chad has been here for the past three months training here and testing combinations. We know what the engine case problem is, and we are working on it. The problem is Chad is just plain and simple riding past the bikes capabilities. The case cracking is coming from the frame flexing. It either breaks on the left or the right just like an eggshell. I have addressed the problem with Mike Walsh, Wayne Meridian of PEP and some of the others in the industry to get some help, just had no luck. No worries, we will have a hand on it before the season starts. As far as Natalie goes, he was unable to come down and test his engines this year so we have been using the GNCs for testing to see how much we can get away with this year. Both John and Chad have been racing on there practice bikes and we will have new ones for the WPSAs so by then I will have the bugs worked out of the combos. Believe me when I say this, I want to win just as bad as the riders so I will be doing everything I can to make it happen for them.
Hopefully we will have some luck on our side.

See ya at the races. Dee

Ty's400
04-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post on here Dee. I think I can speak for many of us, that it is always a treat to hear from some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry. Sounds like your program is going in the right direction and only a matter of time until the wins catch up to the effort put in! Goodluck. Hope you can figure out about Chad's bike.

insaneracin2003
04-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Definate props to Dee for coming on here to clear things up. I know,by racing in the past with Dee and the STQRA family, Rage will get it turned around and be a competitor in the WPSA.

Ralph
04-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by KingRage12
I dont do the net much anymore because of the time preparing for the upcoming season. My wife told me about the thread and I thought I could bring some inquiring minds up to speed on whats going on with big weens....

Chad has been here for the past three months training here and testing combinations. We know what the engine case problem is, and we are working on it. The problem is Chad is just plain and simple riding past the bikes capabilities. The case cracking is coming from the frame flexing. It either breaks on the left or the right just like an eggshell. I have addressed the problem with Mike Walsh, Wayne Meridian of PEP and some of the others in the industry to get some help, just had no luck. No worries, we will have a hand on it before the season starts. As far as Natalie goes, he was unable to come down and test his engines this year so we have been using the GNCs for testing to see how much we can get away with this year. Both John and Chad have been racing on there practice bikes and we will have new ones for the WPSAs so by then I will have the bugs worked out of the combos. Believe me when I say this, I want to win just as bad as the riders so I will be doing everything I can to make it happen for them.
Hopefully we will have some luck on our side.

See ya at the races. Dee

Thanks alot for your response. Don't let kids on the internet piss you off eithr. We know you are a top engine builder and respect that. Thats alot more than 99% of know-it-alls can say.

I dont feel bad for chad at all. Last year he was pretty much a no-name and this has gotten him into the limelight. Hes proving how much of a threat he is and he still has time until the WPSA'a to seal the deal.

With Natalie and Wienen running your motors, id say you got an awesome chance of conquering a title in their name.

JRP
04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Thanks alot for your response. Don't let kids on the internet piss you off eithr. We know you are a top engine builder and respect that. Thats alot more than 99% of know-it-alls can say.

I dont feel bad for chad at all. Last year he was pretty much a no-name and this has gotten him into the limelight. Hes proving how much of a threat he is and he still has time until the WPSA'a to seal the deal.

With Natalie and Wienen running your motors, id say you got an awesome chance of conquering a title in their name.

couldnt of said it better myself ralph, very well put! :)