PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Duners Help Me!!

danniheyj82888
04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
I think I have read every thread about paddles on this site and I still am not sure what to do... It seems most posts are for Cali sand and the Oregon sand is very different from what I hear. Alright guys I have always used "V" paddles, and now I bought some haulers. I got some 20x11x9 8 paddle haulers. I used them last weekend in the Moses Lake Dunes in Washington.. this sand is very dirty, dusty, and full of ash from when Mt. St. Helens blew in the 80's. I think this is WAAAY too much paddle for my quad. It felt soo slow.. It really felt like I had about 25 hp. I don't know how they will do in the Oregon sand though... I could hardly beat a bone stock 07 450r with sand stars.. 3rd gear rolling start or drag race. I was basically dead even. I didn't think a paddle could make this big of a difference.

Last trip to Oregon with the Sand Stars, I was beating Raptor 700's, Modified Banshees, LTR's, YFZ's... now with the Haulers I can't hardly pull on a stock r!

I don't want to get new paddles if they will perform great in the Oregon sand...

Another option someone suggested was to cut a bit off of every paddle.. good idea? or bad?

My mods are in my sig.. please help me!!!

THANKS

mhawk
04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
wow,... well i run 22 -11-10, 9 paddle extremes . ive got an 06 er w hrc kit and few other goddies not enough to list, but ive also geared down on the front to a 12tooth , it probubly is a little much but i can beat and hang with o6 yfzs (slight mods) and have no problems with ltrs so far, love winchester bay also ride florence, and sand lake.