PDA

View Full Version : TOOMEY EXHAUST vs. Others

TXATVRIDER
04-03-2007, 10:10 PM
About to order some Toomey t5 exhaust for the shee. My opinion the t5 toomeys are the best you can get for a shee. But what other exhause would even come close to Toomey (FMF?)

No doubt Toomey all the way!

400exrider989
04-03-2007, 10:31 PM
T5s only shine when you have a port and stroker and what not ect.
T6s are nice
or FMF fattys or knarys
i like the DMC 916 silencer the best

maybe get the DMC 916 silencer on T6s

TXATVRIDER
04-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah i agree, i just like the sound and the performance of the Toomeys.

bansheerider4
04-04-2007, 08:19 AM
i personally like pro circuts the best..they sound amazing

djguestone
04-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I run the T5's on stock & work great for me. I wouldn't run T6's since I plan motor mods in the future.

04-04-2007, 01:20 PM
T6 is you plan on leaving the porting alone...if you plan on getting port work T5s are a good choice. but did you look at CPI infame or shears?? those are a even better choice IMO...if i were to buy new pipes i would get CPI infames

TWILES
04-04-2007, 04:07 PM
The FMF SST's were supposed to run with the Toomey's. I got a complete run down of those pipes a few months before they came out at Lorretta Lynn's in 1999. Toomey has been around the longest dealing with the Banshee and RZ motors. He's made a living building Banshee stuff plus its the cheapest compared to other high end brand names. About the only other ones I considered when buying them for mine were the Paul Turners. PSI makes a really nice looking set. I don't know anything about them though.

firefighterjosh
04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
T-5- good pipes. Used with mainly on stock to mild banshee

T-6 same as the 5s only have a little more low end.

Toomey are designed forbasically stock machines. I ran t6 on my banshee with some minor mods.

If in the future you want to port and polish, maybe a stroker or big bore then I would suggest going with some CPIs

rickytheriault
04-05-2007, 08:21 AM
HI
It all depend to you. I am running T4. But I know for my self if I buy new pipe I will consider T6 or Paul Turner(just because of the look) For CPI, I heard that they are like the more lound pipe you can get, i will not love it

250r4life
04-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by TXATVRIDER

No doubt Toomey all the way!

so what is the purpose of this post then :D

TXATVRIDER
04-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
T6 is you plan on leaving the porting alone...if you plan on getting port work T5s are a good choice. but did you look at CPI infame or shears?? those are a even better choice IMO...if i were to buy new pipes i would get CPI infames

Yeah i've heard that from a bunch of people that's why i plan on getting the T5s cause there's a few things i wanna do to the motor.

04-08-2007, 10:52 AM
get CPI inframes...T5s are nice but i think CPIs are better

Creech52
04-10-2007, 10:07 AM
I think it depends more on what your looking to get out of it performance wise, theres a few good sets of pipes out there but they are all for different power ranges and riding styles. You have T5s in the middle, CPIs are more a top end pipe, And the french horn PTs are more a lower end pipe. Ive heard bad things about both pro circuit and FMFs quality wise but performance wise they seem to be a good pipe.

TXATVRIDER
04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah i don't think i'll be doin alot of top end racing. I think that's why i've decided on the T5s being in the middle of everything would fit my riding style. Gotta look at it this way i live in Beaumont there's not alot of good places to ride just some tracks and little trails.