PDA

View Full Version : man whats up with yamaha?

yfz stealer
04-03-2007, 06:47 PM
well iam really pissed because i am a diehard yamaha fan and hate seeing them comming last in every gnc race i see and i just want some anwser because i really dont want to see a repeat of last year whats wrong is it the bike or the support?

quads14589
04-03-2007, 06:55 PM
yamaha sucks case closed:bandit:

coolex
04-03-2007, 07:20 PM
the truth is in my sig

ZeroLogic
04-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Their more about their bikes then the quads. But yet, their bikes don't come in first either. As of right now I'd rather have a yami over a Honduh.;)

04-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Just wait. Look at the results from the last couple of WPSA races. Yamaha was on top, 1st at times too. You'll see Brown at the top, again. Trust me.

tt racer
04-03-2007, 08:17 PM
It may be about the rider, just a guess.:eek2:

04-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Honda is where its at :D

Mc. Muffin
04-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
On the losers bench?:devil:

TMSmx47
04-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Brown won the saturday race at Glen Helen 2 weeks ago..

He'll def be on top more this year.. Especially in WPSA when they come to Jersey!

04-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by TMSmx47
Brown won the saturday race at Glen Helen 2 weeks ago..

He'll def be on top more this year.. Especially in WPSA when they come to Jersey!

Yep. Last year in the beginning he wasn't doing so good. Then he did Moto TST and bam hes up front.

trick250r
04-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Just wait. Look at the results from the last couple of WPSA races. Yamaha was on top, 1st at times too. You'll see Brown at the top, again. Trust me.

brown isnt going to be on top of anythikng in the WPSA... its hard to come out on top if you dont even race the series.

Iliketogofast
04-04-2007, 07:38 AM
I don't pay much attention to races, because I'm pretty much strictly a recreational rider. I'm just curious as to how the Suzuki's are standing?

The Honda and Yamaha 450 bikes in my opinion are already due for a redesign. The Zuke and Kaw 450's have come through with a lot of new innovations, and if the other two don't follow suit I think they may start to go downhill. Red and blue need to consider some of the latest things that Kawie and Suzuki have brought to the table, like FI and possibly the aluminum frame. They also need to be made wider and longer, so they can be more race ready from the box like the LTR.

bwamos
04-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
brown isnt going to be on top of anythikng in the WPSA... its hard to come out on top if you dont even race the series.

They are talking about GNC.

Yamahas won the WPSA's and they are saying Brown will be back on top in the GNC's before long.

;)

400EXTRA
04-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Polak1035
exactly :D

trick250r
04-04-2007, 10:37 AM
my bad, i quoted the wrong post...

i meant to quote TMSmx47's post. he did refer to brown racing the WPSA series. ;)

RaptorRacer45
04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Yamaha will figure out where the real publicity is when they quit kissin Valentino Rossis crack...but till then they couldent care less about there Quad Racing programs it seems

mr._bowtie
04-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
I don't pay much attention to races, because I'm pretty much strictly a recreational rider. I'm just curious as to how the Suzuki's are standing?

The Honda and Yamaha 450 bikes in my opinion are already due for a redesign. The Zuke and Kaw 450's have come through with a lot of new innovations, and if the other two don't follow suit I think they may start to go downhill. Red and blue need to consider some of the latest things that Kawie and Suzuki have brought to the table, like FI and possibly the aluminum frame. They also need to be made wider and longer, so they can be more race ready from the box like the LTR.

You can have your FI quad... they cost way to much to mod. I dont really want to have to buy a 1000 dollar tuner to simply "re-jet" mine for a different pipe or piston. The carbs work great, realativly cheap comparativly, and eay to work on. I hope that Honda sticks with the Carb style fuel delivery. Im the kinda guy that does his own work, Im not lookin for my quad to get so advanced that I have to take it to the dealer to get a diagnostic scan like my truck if the service engine soon light comes on :rolleyes:

honda4life72
04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
ever wonder why most everybody that races ride hondas? :D i think there are 3 yamihas at my race last weekend and there was over 100 people there

A A R O N
04-04-2007, 02:39 PM
The yamahas are doing better than average in the gncc's.

700bRad
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by mr._bowtie
You can have your FI quad... they cost way to much to mod. I dont really want to have to buy a 1000 dollar tuner to simply "re-jet" mine for a different pipe or piston. The carbs work great, realativly cheap comparativly, and eay to work on. I hope that Honda sticks with the Carb style fuel delivery. Im the kinda guy that does his own work, Im not lookin for my quad to get so advanced that I have to take it to the dealer to get a diagnostic scan like my truck if the service engine soon light comes on :rolleyes:

I just dont see how people can talk sh*t about fuel injection, just because they dont have it? Or cant afford it? A "fi tuner" such as a Power Commander III or Dobec does not cost anywhere NEAR $1000. You can get a PC 3 for around $350 and a Dobec or Yosh for under that. The fuel injection on the Raptor 700r has spoiled me to the point where carb's piss me off. The noticable hesitation is anoying and ridiculous on a carb after you ride an FI machine after awhile. And I have never heard of one case where a machines FI has failed it. I know I could have seriously messed myself and my machine up bad while shooting hills on the 700 if it wasnt for FI. Face it, fuel injection is the future of quads (and bikes soon) for 1 simple reason, ITS BETTER. Thanks :)

Mc. Muffin
04-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Just something to add, purchasing a quad these days is like buying a bubblegum ball, whether you get a red, blue, green or yellow bubblegum ball they all taste the same.
On all of these machines these days there isn't a loser or a winner, the performance of these machine puts out pretty much the same power, but sure some handle difference as if some bubblegum balls are sweeter than others.

400exrider989
04-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Mc. Muffin
Just something to add, purchasing a quad these days is like buying a bubblegum ball, whether you get a red, blue, green or yellow bubblegum ball they all taste the same.
On all of these machines these days there isn't a loser or a winner, the performance of these machine puts out pretty much the same power, but sure some handle difference as if some bubblegum balls are sweeter than others.

and some just can chew better than others

so really its mostly the chewer

Unverfehrt400ex
04-05-2007, 10:25 AM
^^^^^HAHA. Yeh. its all in Yamaha's riders. The ATV's are gettin to be like the dirtbikes in which they are all practically equal. Yamaha's just not puttin out enough money to get the riders. Im bettin if you put doug gust onto a yamaha he'd still finish up top everytime.

trick250r
04-05-2007, 11:05 AM
maybe stock the bikes have differences, but when a pro is out there to win and make money and make a living, theyre going to use the best equipment. if one really was better than the other, you would see all of the pros riding honda or yamaha or suzuki or kawi... not all of them, just one. when farr comes out on his KTM, he's still going to be able to ride the wheels off of it and baldwin is still going to build one hell of an engine. once the bike is completely built, theyre all the same. with all of the motor work done to them, brand reliability issues are thrown out of the window, its all builder reliability. sure, maybe one builder can make a honda motor stronger and more reliable than a yamaha or vice versa.

Caseys 300ex
04-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
maybe stock the bikes have differences, but when a pro is out there to win and make money and make a living, theyre going to use the best equipment. if one really was better than the other, you would see all of the pros riding honda or yamaha or suzuki or kawi... not all of them, just one. when farr comes out on his KTM, he's still going to be able to ride the wheels off of it and baldwin is still going to build one hell of an engine. once the bike is completely built, theyre all the same. with all of the motor work done to them, brand reliability issues are thrown out of the window, its all builder reliability. sure, maybe one builder can make a honda motor stronger and more reliable than a yamaha or vice versa.

I have to agree. Nowadays it isnt the bike there riding its more the parts they have. Look a pros bike how much stock parts do you find on there. The engines are built, aftermarket a-arms, shocks, swingarms, and etc.. its not the manufactuer that builds the winning bike its the rider who races the bike to win.

04-05-2007, 11:45 AM
yup the bikes are basically all aftermarket. its funyn when people think they r riding the same quad or bike as the pros

esr250r86
04-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by coolex
the truth is in my sig Thats right.lol.

krt400ex
04-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by coolex
the truth is in my sig

got that right...

haha, its funny, cuz even in the gncc the yamy isn't doin as well as it used to. Honda is superior